Do you ever use your pocketknife...

sbroadwell

I do that pretty often. There’s a truck stop meat and vegetables restaurant we eat at a lot in LaGrange. Shirley’s, exit 13. They only have plastic knives.
Couldn’t imagine walking out the door without a pocket knife. Got a few, but these days it’s mostly my 40 year old Swiss Army knife. I use the tools as much as I use the blade.

buckpasser

I can’t make myself use mine for food. It’s been into too many chem jugs!

ryanh487

I've never used it at any of those places but I did use it at my desk at work for lunch when a plastic knife wasn't doing the job a few times.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
A pork chop bone is the handle, ain't it??
There's a local greasy spoon that serves a fried pork chops sammich. The chop on the sandwich is boneless, but they also fry the bone & serve it on the side.
Good grazing......

And yes, I use my pocket knife when needed.

Redbow

I don't go to anyone's house and have a meal with them then whip out my pocket knife for cutting up my fried pork chops or steak. I just use whatever knife the lady of the house puts before everyone and I admit those kind of knives often do not work as they should for cutting up meat. I know some people frown on a man using his own pocket knife to cut up his supper and I won't embarrass my Wife by doing so. But if others want to do that its okay with me. And I certainly won't get upset if a man comes to my house and uses his pocket knife for cutting up the meat portion of the meal we put before him.

I used to work with a man he lived right on the edge of the Great Pee Dee Swamp down in SC. One night he brought a raccoon in a fresh kill that he stopped and picked up beside the highway on his way to work. The man was a big coon hunter I used to hunt with him occasionally. He skinned the coon with his pocket knife, when he had finished with the coon he wiped the blade off on his pants leg, reached into his lunch box and brought out a very large apple. Putting his blade to the apple he turned to us who were watching him and said, y'all want a piece? NO one took him up on his offer.

Last edited: