Do you ever use your pocketknife...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
...At the dinner table? In a restaurant? At somebody else's table?

I am prone to such activity, because butter knives are useless, so are them serrated pieces of junk they call steak knives, and my knives are sharp...

I picked up the habit from my Dad, and it drives my wife batty. I ALWAYS get an eye-roll and a snicker.

So, who else is guilty? I know I ain't the only one... :bounce:

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
...At the dinner table? In a restaurant? At somebody else's table?

I am prone to such activity, because butter knives are useless, so are them serrated pieces of junk they call steak knives, and my knives are sharp...

I picked up the habit from my Dad, and it drives my wife batty. I ALWAYS get an eye-roll and a snicker.

So, who else is guilty? I know I ain't the only one... :bounce:
Yep
Sometimes

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I’ve done it.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Hey RR what type pocket knife you figure is the most common? I was gonna say trapper but I thought of all those lock blade clip ons.

I'd have to say that these days the most common pocketknife around is some tacticool thing with a pocket clip...

Myself, I have gone the traditional route the last few years.

I'm not a good example though, because I have a BUNCH, and swap em out a lot.

I would hate to have to pick a favorite...

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I'd have to say that these days the most common pocketknife around is some tacticool thing with a pocket clip...

Myself, I have gone the traditional route the last few years.

I'm not a good example though, because I have a BUNCH, and swap em out a lot.

I would hate to have to pick a favorite...
I’ve got a goodly sized stash myself. And make a few hand forged sheath and neck knives on a coal fired forge too. Do I like to carry a knife and use it? Yeah I do,as Ray Stevens says.

Doboy Dawg

Guilty. And don’t ask me to use my pocket knife. If you don’t have one I assume you are going to use mine to cut metal wire or dig in the dirt.
I learned that lesson the hard way many years ago. I was helping a friend work on his truck and he asked if I had a pocket knife he could use for a minute. I wasn’t really paying attention to what he was doing at the moment and I handed him a brand new Buck 110. About a minute later I heard the awful arcing sound a starter solenoid makes when you jump the terminals. Then my friend hands me back a smoking Buck knife missing 3/8” of the tip. I came real close to busting his lip over that one.

I don’t loan good knives out to anyone after that. If I have a cheap Chinesium knife in my pocket I’ll loan it.

I do use my pocket knife at the dinner table if the cutlery the establishment provides is inadequate.