10/22 pm

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
In we go. Set up a po-up blind downwind from a travel path around the edge of a pond. Got turkey and deer almost every afternoon on the camera...hot today, but can't shoot one if you don't go sit! Truck thermometer says 85 degrees. Stiff 17 mph wind from the south.

Last edited:

Full Draw McGraw

Otg for my first sit on this piece of public this season. Had a doe come trotting in as soon as I picked out a spot but nothing following. Not sure what stirred her up.
In a creek bottom where it narrows down between two wider sections, I think this stretch acts as a bit of a pinch point. Acorns dropping all around.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I‘m on the farm in Carroll this evening. First hunt of the year here. I’m hunting a nasty, thick bottom field. Deer will bed out in island of trees in the bottom and work up to where I am. Big oak ridge behind me. Have a couple of really nice deer on camera.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Back on the same little plot as last night only this time I didn’t get busted on the way in and like every good sniper I relocated. When the season is over all those water oaks are coming down. They are blocking the view of some killer set ups.
A2964F68-06F2-4808-950A-AED90AC28FE2.jpeg

DSGB

Back in the same stand from this morning. Hopefully the wind stays consistent.

Dupree

Got the whole family out this afternoon. In a blind with my daughter on the same plot she killed her first deer on Tuesday.
My wife is on the food plot I hunted this morning. She already has a doe and fawn feeding.
My son is on a plot in the middle of the property that hasn’t been hunted. This is his first hunt by himself.
Wind is good for all of us.
wasn’t easy, but I got a pic of all of us when I dropped my wife and son off. 5AA35D0F-8A06-4493-9303-62CBD2F6B09A.jpeg

Latest posts