11/24 PM

Dupree

Can’t find any blood. Thought I heard him crash. I’ve searched around but don’t know any to totally blow the area out. It’s thick. Trying to find a dog to come out tonight before the coyotes eat him. I can likely find him in the morning grid searching if what I heard was a crash.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Good luck

deerslayer357

Ended up seeing 2 does and 4 different bucks. 2 small bucks and 2 decent bucks. One buck was a 3 1/2 year old 8 that looked good! Was looking for the 9 ptr, so no deer were harmed!

Good luck Dupree!

bulletjig

Can’t find any blood. Thought I heard him crash. I’ve searched around but don’t know any to totally blow the area out. It’s thick. Trying to find a dog to come out tonight before the coyotes eat him. I can likely find him in the morning grid searching if what I heard was a crash.
Hope you can get a dog out there tonight.

Jonboater

Changed plan soon as I fired up the truck..wanted a change of scenery so I am in public a good ways back in some nasty terrain. It will have to be a biggun for me to squeeze the trigger back here.
Hogs have really torn up the place since last year. This use to be the spot I saw deer every sit. I did see a hog but he was already dead.
Did it have a pile driver green and white vane arrow in it ?

B. White

I've seen one little doe the past couple of evenings and nothing bigger than a 4pt this week, but I usually have better luck with the full moon, so I'll keep trying. Had a bobcat pass the little doe this evening and they stared for a second, but bobcat went on his way. Do did a little stomping for a second, but didn't want to leave the clover.

Dupree

When she shot, I heard the bullet hit the deer. He buckled and went on a death run. Chest and head low to the ground. He ran down a mowed path through the pines and I heard a big crash, then some thrashing. Its mature pines with gaps of nothing underneath and patches of blackberries head high. Really hard to blindly search at night. If I had to bet, I walked within 30 yards of him, assuming everything in my mind of the situation is correct.

Called 8 dog handlers. 3 are out of town, and one was on a track but said he would call me when he got finished with that one if it wasn’t too late.

WOODIE13

When she shot, I heard the bullet hit the deer. He buckled and went on a death run. Chest and head low to the ground. He ran down a mowed path through the pines and I heard a big crash, then some thrashing. Its mature pines with gaps of nothing underneath and patches of blackberries head high. Really hard to blindly search at night. If I had to bet, I walked within 30 yards of him, assuming everything in my mind of the situation is correct.

Called 8 dog handlers. 3 are out of town, and one was on a track but said he would call me when he got finished with that one if it wasn’t too late.
Find someone with a thermal scope or monocular

Dupree

Dog handler said he ain’t gonna make it tonight. I’ll go back in the morning and look the old fashioned way.

@WOODIE13 i don’t know anyone that has one.

WOODIE13

Dog handler said he ain’t gonna make it tonight. I’ll go back in the morning and look the old fashioned way.

Hit the varmit forum hunting guys up

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member

I bet you find him pretty quick in the morning ! Good luck , I’ve left a few over night and only had one ate by coyotes . And they nearly ate the entire deer

Latest posts