11/5 am

Do those chairs transport easily through the woods?

Thanks! I`m seriously thinking about one since I mostly hunt on the ground nowadays. I have them in my river boat and I really like them. Real comfortable.
Millennium tree seat is the way to go for ground hunting easy to carry light weight simple to setup and super comfortable

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
And I know what THAT brush is for... :bounce:
A python lock locks them to the tree good.

Big7

The Oracle
Killed anything?
Yeah.. I got a decent one.
20231104_103224.jpg
I posted in one of the forums yesterday.
Think it was 11/4 am or the other "live from the tree".

Have you got one?
I'd like to see an up close of that real tall antlered one (I believe it was an 11 pointer) you posted not to long ago.

I don't know if you know which one I'm talking about but you posted a few different deer in the same thread that day if I'm not mistaken.

Big7

The Oracle
Headed out. Should be there and on stand in about an hour.

Good luck everyone.

Big7

The Oracle
Only 7 (including me) signed in at the check station.

I should be in the vegetation ground blind in 15 or so..

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
View attachment 1267040

Have you got one?
I'd like to see an up close of that real tall antlered one (I believe it was an 11 pointer) you posted not to long ago.

I don't know if you know which one I'm talking about but you posted a few different deer in the same thread that day if I'm not mistaken.
Nice! Public lands?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
View attachment 1267040

Have you got one?

No, haven't seen one I want yet. I'll put up a picture of the long tined buck you're talking about when I get in the house. It was a 7 point. 232 pounds.

Rumor has it you killed a big 10 point yesterday evening?

Big7

The Oracle
My little slice of Heaven this afternoon.

Hard to say because the ground is so hard.
I still see the old tracks I been seeing but I can't even make a boot track.

Soooo....
I'm behind a large felled pine with some natural cover. That pine is the perfect height for a shooting rest.

The plot has a few different clovers and two brassicas. Don't know what they are but I dug one up and it's about 2" long and pretty straight. Taste wise, it's pretty hot.

The mock scrape is on the right in the pic and it has not been disturbed. Several bedding areas and trails on the right too. Haven't scouted the left yet.

The Oak is on the right and it's flat putting them out. I just wonder how many they are eating?
Looks to me like there should NOT be so many on the ground.

And... About the time I got settled in, a young Mexican guy walked up on me- not being able to see me, it took three "HEY" to get his attention.

He didn't know where to go except where the Monroe guys already were, he looked like he was turning around and heading back but I told him 2 places at this road where I go myself so he appreciated that.

PS.. The Monroe guys told me a lot of people have been here today- I figured that but I need to freshen up the scrape so I came anyway. Ima' try to hunt serious during the week and maybe try some other spots. 37 thousand and something acres here to hunt.
20231105_154947_HDR.jpg

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
View attachment 1267040

Have you got one?

This one? It`s also the same buck in my present avatar.

big 7 2.jpgbig 7 3.jpg

Big7

The Oracle
No, haven't seen one I want yet. I'll put up a picture of the long tined buck you're talking about when I get in the house. It was a 7 point. 232 pounds.

Rumor has it you killed a big 10 point yesterday evening?
NO. I haven't killed a 10 pointer in a long time. I played a joke on a guy that I went to high school with who now lives in Colorado.
(long story)

I'm not a "horn hunter". If it's got antlers, fine. I'd be just as happy with a fat doe or milk- mouth that's still got the spots on it.

If I had killed a 10 pointer for real, I would have posted it here on GON Forums.

Last edited:

Big7

The Oracle
This one? It`s also the same buck in my present avatar.

View attachment 1267083View attachment 1267084
MONSTERS.. HOLY MOLY !!!

Hard to tell if that was him but those you got right there are huge.
:cheers: :rockon:

The one pic I'm talking about, he was in some high grassy looking stuff. I don't know if it was wild or planted hay field.

Got to hunt a minute before I'm out of shooting light.

Big7

The Oracle
Only 7 (including me) signed in at the check station.

I should be in the vegetation ground blind in 15 or so..
Must not be signing in.

Two was already down at the end of where I been messing around.
(I have their numbers from yesterday

They said a "lot" of folks were in and out.
Whatever a "lot" means.. Ima' get with the one guy when I get home and see what's up.. The other guy with him must be on leave, he said he had to get back to Ft. Gordon and he wasn't coming back.

And there was that one young Mexican guy I saw..

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Must not be signing in.

Two was already down at the end of where I been messing around.
(I have their numbers from yesterday

They said a "lot" of folks were in and out.
Whatever a "lot" means.. Ima' get with the one guy when I get home and see what's up.. The other guy with him must be on leave, he said he had to get back to Ft. Gordon and he wasn't coming back.

And there was that one young Mexican guy I saw..
You don’t have to sign in every time you hunt , and it can all be done online . Most hunters never go to the check station .
Also any food plot/wildlife opening on public land gets way over hunted . I’d stay as far away as possible . Also avoid any access trails . Good luck

Latest posts