11/5 am

rugerfan

And that's a wrap for me. May or may not be back this evening. Depends on how the rest of the day goes.

Big7

The Oracle
Might be getting a second wind here.
Still a bit tired and sore but might be able to pull it off. :bounce:

I made a scrape yesterday right after I quit a minute for lunch.

Might have to go check and see if my Tic- Tac- Toe board has been disturbed and put some more stink juice in it.
20231104_150124_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• 20231104_150058.jpg
    20231104_150058.jpg
    524.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Best day of hunting I’ve had in a long time and never stepped in a stand. Worked all night at my part time job. Son got a hog and a buck. Grandson shot a buck in the yard while we where taking pics. My son has not shot a deer in 15 years. He’s to picky. That was this grandkids 1st buck. I’m going to rest til I fall asleep. Oldest grandson is cleaning the rest of the critters.

rugerfan

Ok so add insult to injury? Sure why not! Hiked out of the creek bottom, get to the truck, unload rifle, put it in the case. Taking boots off to put my shoes back on. Look up, and there is a doe standing there looking at me, and right behind her is a decent buck. Standing there in just my socks, she blows at me and take off. I don't think they liked my sweaty socks!

furtaker

Dang this mellinium tree seat is just to comfy to get up out of and walk back to camp.
Got an idea for a weightless (and folds down small so easily packable), non-water absorbing (so I can leave it in the woods), high R-value (warm), and versatile (so it can be used as a mountin seat pad for sitting on a rock, log, stump, or ground). It'll even be convenient for layin down on the ground for i lil nod and a wink.
I'm seriously contemplating buying one of those. They get great reviews. I've never been much of a ground hunter but I would like to try one in a couple of places.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I'm seriously contemplating buying one of those. They get great reviews. I've never been much of a ground hunter but I would like to try one in a couple of places.

I have two and want two more. I like to leave them in places set up for the next hunt and brush them in or use camo hide material.
And have another one loose for roaming...
They are a little chilly to sit in. I've heard reviews that say the pad they sell for them doesn't fit inside and pack very well. And I bet it absorbs moisture if you leave it out in the dew or rain.
That's where i've come up with an idea for my own...
Will report if it is worth it...
I have lots of dry ditches on my property with trees growing out of them. I can set them up with only my head sticking up above ground level in the creek bottom.
That 10pt didn't think it was fair. :bounce:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I have two and want two more. I like to leave them in places set up for the next hunt and brush them in or use camo hide material.
And have another one loose for roaming...
They are a little chilly to sit in. I've heard reviews that say the pad they sell for them doesn't fit inside and pack very well. And I bet it absorbs moisture if you leave it out in the dew or rain.
That's where i've come up with an idea for my own...
Will report if it is worth it...
I have lots of dry ditches on my property with trees growing out of them. I can set them up with only my head sticking up above ground level in the creek bottom.
That 10pt didn't think it was fair. :bounce:

Do those chairs transport easily through the woods?

1eyefishing

Do those chairs transport easily through the woods?
They have one shoulder strap with them that I find interferes with carrying my gun on my shoulder. I like to strap them on the back side of my backpack where they don't flop around.

BTW- They're not exactly 'chairs' as they don't have legs under them. The backside has a spine that straps to the tree. I found that strap to be a little short for setting up on large trees. So I bought another strap from the company with the same exact buckle and doubled them together ( Zip tied the female end of one buckle to the male end of the other buckle) so I have a twelve foot circumference to work with on one.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
They have one shoulder strap with them that I find interferes with carrying my gun on my shoulder. I like to strap them on the back side of my backpack where they don't flop around.

BTW- They're not exactly 'chairs' as they don't have legs under them. The backside has a spine that straps to the tree. I found that strap to be a little short for setting up on large trees. So I bought another strap from the company with the same exact buckle and doubled them together ( Zip tied the female end of one buckle to the male end of the other buckle) so I have a twelve foot circumference to work with on one.

Thanks! I`m seriously thinking about one since I mostly hunt on the ground nowadays. I have them in my river boat and I really like them. Real comfortable.

1eyefishing

They are a dream if they're already set up.
To set them up, you have to stomp around the tree and be able to reach around it and hook the buckles together. On a big tree with the double strap. You have to set the thing down against the tree. Then walk around the tree and hook the strap. Then raise it to the correct level.Takes a minute and makes a little leaf noise but with practice it becomes a little easier.

Dupree

Thanks! I`m seriously thinking about one since I mostly hunt on the ground nowadays. I have them in my river boat and I really like them. Real comfortable.
Go ahead and buy one. I’ve hung mine on trees from 4” up to 24”. Best $100 I’ve spent for deer hunting.

1eyefishing

One more thing about the double strap and extra large tree...
It will probably have significant root flare. Which will kick the bottom out and make you lean back too far. In this case, I find a short piece of wood three or four inches in diameter and shove it behind the upper braceof the back and then tighten it to the tree