200 pics in 2 days on new cam set up

Waddams

Sunday I moved a cell cam to a new spot and set it on a new mineral spot. I just set the delay between pics higher because I'm getting so many deer now. I'd found this area at the club and seen a ton of deer every sit, got it assigned as my area for this season. There's a few big bodies with bumpy bits too, and a few really pregnant looking does that I guess haven't dropped yet.

I'm looking forward to the season!

Waddams

I'll download a few and post from my computer, I hate doing that from my phone. There's nothing super impressive yet, just deer licking the minerals I put down. I guess the first deer edging around suspicious of it when they first found it are a little entertaining.

Waddams

Your camera has a bright flash to it. Good pics.
I've been happy with it. It was the cheapest at Walmart when I got it. The pics are native format IR, the software has a color conversion button that's pretty cool. The mineral site is actually white though. It's getting that part wrong. It's Black Magic Deer Cane. I poured a liquid bottle and a powder version, mixed them into the dirt with a stick. A little liquid also went on a stump nearby. Then the block is same product, just placed in the middle of it all.

I set the cam about 8 ft up, angled down a little. It's about 100 yards away from a good stand of red and white oaks where I saw a ton of deer last year. I'm gonna get another cam and go put it on the other side of the oaks. Club has a corn trough up that way, I might do another mineral site since the corn feed is already so close. Was thinking of trying a licking branch instead though. There's several criss crossed trails, hard to pick which one to set on.

Edited to add: Only issue I've had with the camera is it's signal is intermittent. There are times where it just doesn't pick up the Verizon network. Verizon's coverage maps show good signal coverage over our entire lease but clearly there's something interfering, I'm not the only one. I found a cell tower map once that showed the directions they get best signal from, our lease was in the worst spot! If I were more motivated I might try to extend the antenna higher but as long as I get the downloads eventually especially in off season, it's all good.

Last edited:

buckmanmike

I used to use Verizon service on my phone and cameras, but about 3 years ago Verizon must have reaimed their towers. I had spotty service. I changed my cameras to AT&T, and phone service to T-mobile.

Waddams

First guy with better potential showed up. I'm sure by October or November he'll be off somewhere else but it's nice to him finally. Had seen some bigger tracks, hopefully he has a rival or 2 around as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240610_082325.jpg
    Screenshot_20240610_082325.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 24