2020 Oglethorpe County

Arrow3

Boys when it rains it pours. Left leg has started hurting and burning the last 2 days. This morning I woke up and foot was a little numb. Went to urgent care today and had a dr look at it and he is concerned of a blood clot so I have an ultrasound scheduled for Friday morning thats gonna cost in excess off $600. Thankfully my company is still keeping me on insurance and they will reimburse me most if not all of that money..Then on the way home my truck just cut off for no reason. Luckily I turned the key off and it started right back up.

I sure hope whoever has the voodoo doll of me will ease up soon ????

Arrow3

Good news. No blood clots and nothing life threatening. It is life changing though. Diagnosed with Venous reflux. Basically my veins in my leg are not letting the blood flow back and the pooling is causing the pain.

Buford_Dawg

Todd, never been, but heard good things about it, that river holds some great bucks. Hope all you OC members are doing well, slow time of year for me down there, put out a bunch of cameras 2 weeks back, will wait about 6 weeks to go pull cards to see what's around. Gonna fish a little and do other things around the house for awhile, this is time of year to keep the wife happy, so I can spend more time in the woods in the fall. May even hit the beach for a week or so soon. I can hear 30A calling my name. Any of you guys ever around my area and want to play golf, just yell, I enjoy hitting that little white ball around too.

Arrow3

I've was in that club 4 years . I killed some good deer and turkeys off of it. That's some good property and if ran properly would be a nice place to hunt.

Buford_Dawg

Hate to hear that Todd, you took them a lot of hogs. Hopefully the gentlemen will recover soon and they will start back. You and Brandon ought to team up and put in for the Flint WMA hunt, y'all would have those deer worried for sure :)

Buford_Dawg

Not OC related, but hit the mountains the other evening, fishing was good. As much as I love to be in OC during spring and fall, I like to hit the mountains during the summer and wet a line in the trout streams. I grew up trout fishing with my grandfather and it is something that I go back too every summer. Try to make the trip up about every couple weeks and get enough to grill. See https://forum.gon.com/threads/snuck...-week-trout-were-biting.969806/#post-12320932

Triple C

BD...I grew up in North Hall area and back when I was a teenager all the way thru my mid-20's I spent so many hours trout fishing all over the NE GA mtns. Back when Helen was just a blip on the radar. I haven't done that in years. Heck, I can't even remember where many of those streams are now. I've taken up fly fishing and getting a lot of practice on bass n bream out of my pond. But, I'd love to find my way back up to some of those streams. Imagine Duke's creek above Helen before there were any tourists. Or the Etowah river above Dahlonega before ATL discovered it. I wouldn't even know where to go today.

Todd E

He is going to be a character buck. Growing two right beams and both have a brow tine. That right base is going to be huge. He just will not stand center frame and look at cam. Guess I need to sit a jar of peanut butter above cam. :)Screenshot_20200615-235222_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200615-235214_Gallery.jpg

transfixer

BD...I grew up in North Hall area and back when I was a teenager all the way thru my mid-20's I spent so many hours trout fishing all over the NE GA mtns. Back when Helen was just a blip on the radar. I haven't done that in years. Heck, I can't even remember where many of those streams are now. I've taken up fly fishing and getting a lot of practice on bass n bream out of my pond. But, I'd love to find my way back up to some of those streams. Imagine Duke's creek above Helen before there were any tourists. Or the Etowah river above Dahlonega before ATL discovered it. I wouldn't even know where to go today.

Triple C, I've trout fished all over N. Ga since I was a teenager as well, but not with a fly rod, I started fooling around with a fly rod about my mid 30's , but really only for bream in small ponds and lakes, booked a guided trip in N.Carolina a few years back for the wife and I , fishing private waters with fly rods, learned a good bit, caught some huge trout ! most were in the 18 to 21in range , and planned on trying to fish only with a fly rod the next few times I went here in Ga, just never got it down pat,

As far as where to go, the Soque river up around Clarksville is supposed to have a section open to the public, although most of it goes through private land, that would be a great place to try, the Lower Toccoa river below Lake Blue Ridge is also supposed to be a great place to fly fish for trout, as it is wide and fairly open, and holds some large fish I'm told, I've never fished it but its on my bucket list ,

I've recently been looking at getting a new fly rod, something fairly short and light for use on some of the smaller put and take streams, just haven't found one I liked as of yet.