2020 Oglethorpe County

fredw

Retired Moderator
Enjoyable couple of hours to finish off the day in Oglethorpe. Passed on an eight. Saw a doe and a spike also.

Hunt finished with four raccoons moving up from the creek bottom and helping themselves to the corn for the fifteen minutes of my sit.

Thought the storms and winds had knocked all of the acorns down but I heard them falling again.

transfixer

Glad to hear the bucks are starting to move around, I was coming home a little after 6 this evening, and saw three deer on the edge of the gravel rd across from where I live,, got to my house and there was a spike that had gotten hit laying in the rd between my driveway and the neighbors, my first thought was I really didn't feel like field dressing and cutting one up tonite, but when I went to drag him out of the road I saw he was busted up pretty badly, doubt much meat would have been salvageable, so I left him in the edge of my yard for the county to pickup tomorrow.

I'll be back in OC this friday afternoon for the weekend, then back to work for a couple days, and back to OC next Wednesday thru Saturday, hoping it doesn't warm up much next week, and hoping the rut will be in swing by then.

Todd E

I spent Saturday in mid/sou GA by wearing shorts and a HECS suit. Just gross hot. I like days where the high is 32 degrees.

Had a friend ask me to euro his 2020 buck. So I created a ped mount. His wife helped me surprise him with it by having it set up when he came home from BFG the other. She even videos him walking in their home. It was pretty cool. :)27429.jpeg

Buford_Dawg

Another great weekend in OC. Great food, great friends, and some good deer hunting until Saturday evening, then it slowed down to a crawl for our crew. Seen several real strong bucks harvested Thursday and Friday. Be back at in Thursday, if anyone around Pea Ridge Road stop and say hello.

transfixer

Slow at our place this weekend, I saw one small buck early Sat am, nothing the rest of the weekend, three other guys drew blanks on ours, a nice buck was killed on the club that is next to us, a tall tined 11pt ,

Finally starting to see some buck sign, in at least one of my spots, I'll be back in OC wednesday afternoon thru Sat evening, hoping the rain doesn't amount to much this week, and wishing the temps would drop ,,, figures I take a few days off and the weather warms up ,,,,facepalm:

Hoyt804

Things are starting to heat up in the Sandy Cross area. I've seen a lot of young bucks dogging does and a bunch of yearlings by themselves. I caught this one slipping through the pines yesterday morning looking for a doe, his hocks were black and he stunk.

Attachments

• 1108200840_HDR.jpg
    1108200840_HDR.jpg
    538.8 KB · Views: 48

Todd E

There was a saying relating a full moon falling before or after a such in such date. It pointed to a fast 3 day breeding phase or a drawn out process.
If yall are saying it has been slow, lone yearlings, and mature does vacant.........heck, it might be over by this weekend. ??????

I just know one thing. Its too dang hot. I'm used to bowhunting in shorts. But, rifle season. What a joke.