2024 Poult Survey

Hawken2222

One hen with 8 poults Jasper County. 5-20 -24 5:36 PM. Beautiful site hope and pray all grow and survive these first couple of weeks and grow to maturity.

buckpasser

5/7/24

3 hens (separate locations, same property) sporting large, brand new poult broods. Unable to count due to ground cover.

We had terrible rains since then…

buckpasser

5/15/24

2 quail size poults with flight feathers. Momma walked them within 6 feet of me on the last hunt of the year.

They were constantly “practice flushing” as they followed her.

buckpasser

5/23/24

Momma with at least 5. I stopped the tractor and was backing up while I counted, so there may have been more. These were several weeks old with flight feathers and some back feathers. Noticeably larger than a bobwhite.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Was spraying herbicide on the edges of my garden when I saw movement in the weeds ahead of me. Turned out to be at least a half dozen poults with momma hen. I tried to scare them away from the freshly dripping glyphosate leaves.

turkeykirk

Saw a lone hen Saturday in the road near my house. No poults with her.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Saw one hen with a few poults Yesterday in Putnam on the Oconee National Forest.

buckpasser

5/28

2 hens ganged up with poults. No idea how many as I was on tractor and they were in high grass 50 plus yards away. I should see this group again for a better look.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Had one hen with 9 poults today on game cam, poults about the size of game hen

Also had 2 gobblers, 4 jakes on it. Holding off brushhogging until late June for the late nesters because I saw a lot of hens this year

Saw 2 gobblers and a hen at my uncle's today, no poults.

deerslayer357

6/8- one hen crossed road with 8 poults the size of chickens, Oglethorpe county

Hawken2222

6-9 Jasper County 2 hens with four poults for sure i believe there were more but i could only see four. The poults were a little bit bigger than quail