6mm Dasher

Jester896

Senior Clown
not 100% sure but I think he been using 267 bushing and a .241 mandrel for his loads. I didn't order a bushing because we have talked about going up 1. I have the expander die and mandrel. The low force pack indicator shows too much seating pressure the way he is doing it. the sizing die has an expander and decapper only with it. We are still playing with it. Got any insight?

I think it should go up 2

Dub

starting to look like @Dub 's place here...something new coming in every day :cool:

View attachment 1152103

Precision stuff comes your way.

I'm just trying to load up on staples for handguns fun.....and getting a couple rifle needs covered along the way. :rofl:

Came home from work today to an unexpected delivery.

I'd pre-ordered this on several months ago.

Hooked on this author and received this one, his newest, today.

bullgator

not 100% sure but I think he been using 267 bushing and a .241 mandrel for his loads. I didn't order a bushing because we have talked about going up 1. I have the expander die and mandrel. The low force pack indicator shows too much seating pressure the way he is doing it. the sizing die has an expander and decapper only with it. We are still playing with it. Got any insight?

I think it should go up 2
I’m using 267 bushing and a .2415 mandrel.

Jester896

Senior Clown
We were talking again this morning and he went to a .268 and it was still just a little tight. He is going to order a couple of .2415 mandrels from LE Wilson. He also mentioned they weren't TiN coated so we will need to use some type of lub.

bullgator

We were talking again this morning and he went to a .268 and it was still just a little tight. He is going to order a couple of .2415 mandrels from LE Wilson. He also mentioned they weren't TiN coated so we will need to use some type of lub.
My necks on the Alpha brass measure .013” thick. That means a x2 measurement is .026”. A .268 bushing with .026 neck thickness will take you to .242”. In theory the .2415” won’t do anything.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I haven't measured the neck thickness to this point and was figuring it was .014. I will before I order bushings and expander mandrel.

I misunderstood what he told me this morning. He tried it this afternoon with the .268. The .241 mandrel doesn't come into contact with the neck until after it passes about 1/3 of the way down the neck. With the spring back it leaves what seems like a slight bell in the neck.

bullgator

If they are .014” I think your on track with the .268. I’d stay with the .267 if measure less than that. BTW, I just measured my 2x brass and they‘re now ..135”.

Jester896

Senior Clown
If they are .014” I think your on track with the .268. I’d stay with the .267 if measure less than that. BTW, I just measured my 2x brass and they‘re now ..135”.

interesting that they grew...shouldn't matter much since you are running the mandrel in them...unless it is tight necked...right? So instead of running about .0025 you are running closer to .003 neck tension?

bullgator

interesting that they grew...shouldn't matter much since you are running the mandrel in them...unless it is tight necked...right? So instead of running about .0025 you are running closer to .003 neck tension?
Unless the slightly thicker neck is being affected by the chamber, I’m still getting .0015” tension.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Closed up the point on 500 Bergers today

IMG_0938.jpg

milled the new rest so that it would accept the new Edgewood bag

IMG_0939.jpg

got my press reconfigured to RH...that wasn't easy.
molly coated a few bullets to try in my buddy's gun
measured some of his twice fired brass...doesn't appear that Alpha brass is as OCD as they claim.
Measured his expander mandrel and it is .242 like mine. Having some issues with the neck belling slightly it seems even with the .267 bushing.

Stock is still a couple weeks out it seems.

Reactions: Dub

Jester896

Senior Clown
He is a really good guy. I have taken one of his precision reloading classes at the first Rifle Expo I think. My other buddy stops in to see him often when he passes.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

He is a really good guy. I have taken one of his precision reloading classes at the first Rifle Expo I think. My other buddy stops in to see him often when he passes.

I'm glad to hear that.

I know he is highly accomplished as a shooter and seems to be developing some mighty useful precision accuracy dies & tooling.

It's good to hear he's good people, too. (y)(y)(y)