Academy Crossbow

Sweet talker

If you wouldn't mind, I would like to hear what you think of it when you get it and shoot it. That is one of the ones I have been looking at as well. I just haven't decided yet what I want, so many to choose from.

Glad you got it worked out with Academy.
I enjoy mine, Bought one on black Friday deal and its easy to assemble, didn't take but about 5 shots to get it sighted in. Real fast and accurate, maybe not as quiet as some of the higher end bows but the speed makes up for it. If you do get one then good luck and have fun.

turkeyhunter835

BANNED !!!
Went with the Centerpoint Sniper Elite Whisper Elite 370. All the other bows at Academy that were on sale were out of stock, imagine that. Customer service gave me a substantial discount and it's on it's way to my door. Even though their sales practices seem pretty shady, they did try to make it right. We'll see how it goes, it seems to have good reviews.
U got to understand.. they only get a certain amount in, and if your not the first ones there, then that's that... acadamy opened at 6.. so if u came let's say around 12 then look at how many people already came in... they dont get pallets and pallets of the product... it's a limited amount.. trust me on this.

Wayne D Davis

Well after going back and forth with corporate, finding one in Columbus (50 miles away) placing the order, then having it canceled because oops they didn't actually have it, I was promised the sales price when it came back in stock. I've been checking GA stock everyday, and yesterday the item bow is no longer available and not on the website. So, any recommendations on a crossbow? I'd like to stay around $250, this is for my 12 y/o son. I hunt bow only land and he's not strong enough for a compound.
Barnett recruit recurve.....150 bucks

transfixer

I don't see how you could go wrong with any of the Centerpoint Sniper series, I've got one of the original models, just a Sniper 370, with good bolts it shoots tight groups, fantastic speed, and great ergonomics, especially with the adjustable stock, go over to Crossbow talk forum and ask around,

knightcustomworks

Got it sighted in yesterday. My son's first shot at about 40 yards in the rain. Crossbow is a little heavy for him so I bought a rifle rest which helps out. Went to the woods yesterday afternoon, no deer unfortunately.

Attachments

• 20191222_105602.jpg
    20191222_105602.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 1

Wayne D Davis

Got it sighted in yesterday. My son's first shot at about 40 yards in the rain. Crossbow is a little heavy for him so I bought a rifle rest which helps out. Went to the woods yesterday afternoon, no deer unfortunately.
That's why I suggested Barnett recruit.... super light and deadly on deer. I harvested 5 deer with mine first season I had it. I'll be carrying it again come Turkey season

rugerfan

One of the things that is bugging me about some of the reviews on these crossbows is people talking about the limbs cracking and splintering. I guess I need to stop focusing on the negative reviews.

shdw633

One of the things that is bugging me about some of the reviews on these crossbows is people talking about the limbs cracking and splintering. I guess I need to stop focusing on the negative reviews.

That's why I haven't purchased a Killer Instinct bow because of the reviews regarding split limbs. After having my Ambush Bruins for a couple of years now I am looking for a less heavy crossbow for next season that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

rugerfan

That's why I haven't purchased a Killer Instinct bow because of the reviews regarding split limbs. After having my Ambush Bruins for a couple of years now I am looking for a less heavy crossbow for next season that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

There have been an awful lot of reviews on the killer instinct crossbows about that. I saw a Hero 380 Package for $199 on ebay, and that seems to be the KI crossbow with the best reviews. Although the Bruins seem to be leading the pack is positive reviews.

shdw633

I have the Bruin 370 and 410 and like both of them very much and have had zero issues with either. I have gone to better scopes and HHA Optimizer on them so shooting out to sixty yards is just as lethal as 20 yards on both of them. I am in no hurry to replace them but am on the lookout for a 400+ bow in the six pound range that will hold up to the speed but still won't cause me to have to take out a mortgage to buy it.

Otisman

In the future, if you find one of those gimmick adds to get you in the store, take it to a different store that matches prices. I ran across the same thing recently with a Lowe’s pressure washer 75% off. “Not available for shipment” and not in stock in any store. Took it to tractor supply and they matched it no questions asked. Just showed the price on my phone.