Academy Crossbow

knightcustomworks

Anyone actually buy the Carbon Express crossbow Academy had in the sales paper for $199 regular $499? The deal looked too good to be true and conveniently not one store in the country has it and it's not available for order. Customer service just gave me complete run around

Tadder

Yep don't know how they can price that crossbow that cheep, Had a friend that bought one from a bow shop, Page deal was around 500. so,199 sound unreal, might be why they don't have em. The guy seem too like the one he bought it was fast and on the money reasonable . Package was crossbow rigged out 3 bolts and case. For $500 new in box.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
There are plenty of great xbows on eBay for under 300.....250 will have you hooked up!

Sweet talker

I tried to buy the centerpoint one they had on sale for on black Friday and the same thing happened to me, not a single one in the stores. I think its just a way to get you in the store.

drewskyc

I actually bought a Carbon Express crossbow back before bow season for my son and I got it for $199 at Cabelas. It was not in the store though so I had to order it online. I believe it shoots 320 fps. It came with 3 bolts and practice tips. Nothing else really. I had to get a shoulder strap and a carry case for it. It did have a cocking rope too. Not a bad crossbow but like you I could not find it in the store, but Cabelas honored the sales price on their website. Although this one might be different if the list price is normally $499 for that one you were looking at.

Actually here it is on Amazon too:

https://www.amazon.com/Carbon-Express-Crossbow-Crossbolts-Lubricant/dp/B01MT15LX9/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2OVP9BY6Q7SQF&dchild=1&keywords=carbon+express+crossbow&qid=1575407754&sprefix=carbon+express+cros,aps,145&sr=8-4

rugerfan

I was told that the Items in the Black Friday ad were actually on sale the entire week, and that most stores only had limited stock of certain sale items. AKA a gimmick to get people into the stores to buy the items that were in stock.

I went to get a gun safe, and actually was lucky to get one. Store manager told me that they sold 12 of them in one day.

Sweet talker

I was told that the Items in the Black Friday ad were actually on sale the entire week, and that most stores only had limited stock of certain sale items. AKA a gimmick to get people into the stores to buy the items that were in stock.

I went to get a gun safe, and actually was lucky to get one. Store manager told me that they sold 12 of them in one day.

I wish I would've known earlier that it was a sale price for all week. Then I could've possibly gotten one, I ended up going to bass pro Monday night and picked up one they had on sale. But I did get the rifle scope they had on black Friday deal at Academy.

Grunt-n-bleat

Bass Pro also had a Carbon Express PileDriver on sale Black Friday week. I went Black Friday and they gave me a rain check for one. Picked it up this weekend. $199.99. Sweet shooting entry level crossbow.

knightcustomworks

Well after going back and forth with corporate, finding one in Columbus (50 miles away) placing the order, then having it canceled because oops they didn't actually have it, I was promised the sales price when it came back in stock. I've been checking GA stock everyday, and yesterday the item bow is no longer available and not on the website. So, any recommendations on a crossbow? I'd like to stay around $250, this is for my 12 y/o son. I hunt bow only land and he's not strong enough for a compound.

shdw633

Well after going back and forth with corporate, finding one in Columbus (50 miles away) placing the order, then having it canceled because oops they didn't actually have it, I was promised the sales price when it came back in stock. I've been checking GA stock everyday, and yesterday the item bow is no longer available and not on the website. So, any recommendations on a crossbow? I'd like to stay around $250, this is for my 12 y/o son. I hunt bow only land and he's not strong enough for a compound.

Bruin Ambush 410 for $279....basically the same bow as what you were wanting to buy in the Crosspoint but a little faster. I would also recommend the Bruin Ambush 370 which is usually under $250 and closer to the $200 mark but I can't find them anywhere right now...Ebay included. I have had both bows for a couple of years now and really like them, especially for the price.

Here's an almost new one for under $250. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bruin-Ambu...034547?hash=item2167b80773:g:4ewAAOSw-eld-A3d

and here's a brand new one for just over $250. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bruin-Ambu...pe-Bolts-Quiver-and-Cocking-Rope/362049153350

knightcustomworks

Went with the Centerpoint Sniper Elite Whisper Elite 370. All the other bows at Academy that were on sale were out of stock, imagine that. Customer service gave me a substantial discount and it's on it's way to my door. Even though their sales practices seem pretty shady, they did try to make it right. We'll see how it goes, it seems to have good reviews.

rugerfan

Went with the Centerpoint Sniper Elite Whisper Elite 370. All the other bows at Academy that were on sale were out of stock, imagine that. Customer service gave me a substantial discount and it's on it's way to my door. Even though their sales practices seem pretty shady, they did try to make it right. We'll see how it goes, it seems to have good reviews.

If you wouldn't mind, I would like to hear what you think of it when you get it and shoot it. That is one of the ones I have been looking at as well. I just haven't decided yet what I want, so many to choose from.

Glad you got it worked out with Academy.

Sweet talker

I ended up with the same bow, Bass pro had it on sale for $219 on black Friday. Great shooting bow and already have taken a deer with it.