Anyone in the market for used cabinets/counters?

Waddams

We're about to drop a mint's worth of money on a home remodel. Part of it will be to replace cabinets/counters in the kitchen, as well as removing carpet and replacing with vinyl flooring.

So, I'm trying to figure out demo, dump fees, etc. for getting all the old stuff out of the house. I believe the cabinets are wood grain looking laminates. Installed in 1992 when the house was built. They're in fair shape. Just look old. Counters are white laminate. I'd thought about hanging the old ones in the garage, but there really isn't a good place to put them up anywhere. They are stamped KCMA/ANSI A161.1 certified.

I was thinking to either just haul it all to the dump, or the local habitat for humanity drop off, etc. Or...maybe there's someone with a rustic hunting cabin that might thin Rub Goldberg'ing in some old cabinets is just what's needed?

Same for the carpets? I'm going to remove them in neat strips, roll 'em up, and either haul 'em to the dump, or find someone that wants some beat up old carpets for an unfinished basement or maybe put 'em down as throw rugs in a rustic hunting cabin somewhere. They're in fair shape, there's some stains, etc., but they don't stink or anything.

Anyone got any other ideas? Or if you're interested in the materials feel free to drop me a line. I'm not looking to sell or make money, just to give away what I can one way or another so I don't have to pay dump/disposal fees!

crackerdave

We're about to drop a mint's worth of money on a home remodel. Part of it will be to replace cabinets/counters in the kitchen, as well as removing carpet and replacing with vinyl flooring.

So, I'm trying to figure out demo, dump fees, etc. for getting all the old stuff out of the house. I believe the cabinets are wood grain looking laminates. Installed in 1992 when the house was built. They're in fair shape. Just look old. Counters are white laminate. I'd thought about hanging the old ones in the garage, but there really isn't a good place to put them up anywhere. They are stamped KCMA/ANSI A161.1 certified.

I was thinking to either just haul it all to the dump, or the local habitat for humanity drop off, etc. Or...maybe there's someone with a rustic hunting cabin that might thin Rub Goldberg'ing in some old cabinets is just what's needed?

Same for the carpets? I'm going to remove them in neat strips, roll 'em up, and either haul 'em to the dump, or find someone that wants some beat up old carpets for an unfinished basement or maybe put 'em down as throw rugs in a rustic hunting cabin somewhere. They're in fair shape, there's some stains, etc., but they don't stink or anything.

Anyone got any other ideas? Or if you're interested in the materials feel free to drop me a line. I'm not looking to sell or make money, just to give away what I can one way or another so I don't have to pay dump/disposal fees!

Put it on your local online yard sale.I feel sure they'd be just what somebody's looking for,and It's free to list something there.

westcobbdog

Last May we bought a fixer upper and slept on an air mattress around 60*90 days. It’s good of you to look to repurpose those items. Craigslist might be your friend. We moved 2 walls and reconfigured the kitchen. Went from old and brown to open and white. I shopped around as I knew a few sources however my friend at work told me to call the people she uses daily, and we ended up saving money using her leads on the load bearing wall removal and what that entails and our new kitchen. Wife and I pulled up all the nasty cat smelling carpet and all the tack strips ourselves, then screwed down the subfloor better, we ended up choosing the high bidder on the flooring and it was worth it.
Get a roll off ( or 2 ) and do what you can yourself. Where it matters, let a pro with software design your kitchen. My friend works with house flipperrs 25 years so she was spot on with all the tradesman she referred to me.