Braves 2023 Season Thread

BornToHuntAndFish

Fun win for the Braves with lots of HR's from the start with back-to-back HR's from our 1st two batters & starting pitching getting lots of strikeouts. Disappointing having our closer give up a HR in the 9th-inning.

FsqX1AZXoAUwtVs

https://www.espn.com/mlb/boxscore/_/gameId/401471040

Saturday, April 1, 2023

Box Score

WIN
S. Strider 1-0
6.0 IP, 0 ER, 9 K, 3 BB

1st Acuña Jr. homered to left (383 feet).
1st Olson homered to right center (406 feet).
3rd Albies walked, Arcia scored on Gray wild pitch, Riley to second.
3rd Harris II singled to left, Riley scored, Albies to second.
4th Ozuna homered to left center (429 feet).
7th Olson homered to center (420 feet), Arcia scored.
9th Ruiz homered to right (407 feet).

Fsq9aXeX0AEm_at

FsqO6m2WIAATgDT

FsrKL1vXwAExaJ8

BornToHuntAndFish

Good win over a good team.

Fs1h3ZiWYAQ-nuJ

https://www.espn.com/mlb/boxscore/_/gameId/401471069

Monday, April 3, 2023

Box Score

WIN
C. Morton 1-0
5.1 IP, 3 ER, 1 K, 2 BB

1st - Riley homered to left center (473 feet).
2nd - Albies homered to right (370 feet), Harris II scored.
2nd - Acuña Jr. homered to center, Rosario scored and Arcia scored.
7th - Olson singled to center, Acuña Jr. scored.
7th - d'Arnaud doubled to right, Olson scored.
7th - Goldschmidt homered to left center (398 feet).

Fs1UWjQWYAAGG3w

Fs07mAFWYAEJB30

Fsy-bjMXwAAW57K

FszJkpgWcAAflvE

Fsy-bKBXoAAHR6E

COMING SOON: 2️⃣5️⃣
FszOW_8WYAEH3ZA

BornToHuntAndFish

Fine win for the Braves with their 2nd rookie starting pitcher as Atlanta leads the division & being the only team with a winning record. Early after lunch getaway game today before their home opener tomorrow.

Fs6maVRWIAI3PRW

https://www.espn.com/mlb/boxscore/_/gameId/401471084

Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Box Score

WIN
D. Dodd 1-0
5.0 IP, 1 ER, 3 K, 0 BB
SAVE
A.J. Minter 1
1.0 IP, 0 ER, 1 K, 0 BB

1st - Riley homered to left center (410 feet), Acuña Jr. scored.
2nd - Arcia homered to left (366 feet).
3rd - Murphy singled to left, d'Arnaud scored.

Fs6YlylWAAEtOZ6

Fs6e41BXsAomkMO

ucfireman

They are looking pretty good.
And I heard Charlie Culberson is in Gwinnett, hope to see him back on the big stage. He is under rated as far as I'm concerned.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
What a catch by Harris off the wall just now! These Braves look good.

BamaGeorgialine

Offensively, yes

Defensively, not a chance…
We'd just have to agree to disagree. Jr went over the wall and brought it back with the best of them. And I'm a die hard Braves fan. I think Jr had a stronger arm as well. AJ made every catch look easy though.

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
We'd just have to agree to disagree. Jr went over the wall and brought it back with the best of them. And I'm a die hard Braves fan. I think Jr had a stronger arm as well. AJ made every catch look easy though.

Yea Griffey Jr was a great player. Had a good run of GGs too. Until he came to the NL..

DannyW

I have only watched the last two days of Braves Baseball but the thing that has impressed me most is their defense. Arcia is a monster at shortstop, and almost everyone is playing Gold Glove caliber defense.

The game last night might have very well ended differently if not for Harris bringing back Goldschmidt's HR, and Olson's terrific double play in the ninth.

And I will say this. I have been an outspoken critic of Acuna. I call them the way that I see them, and what I have seen of him is a self-absorbed player who frequently displays a lack of hustle or interest.

But in Tuesday's game he charged full speed on a dying line drive and laid out to make a catch. He didn't make the catch but then sprang to his feet and gunned down the runner at second base. He gave maximum effort and made a great play.

Then last night he lead off the game with a routine grounder to short. Instead of trotting to first, as he has done in the past, he took off like a cat with his tail on fire and beat the throw. Then when Olson doubled after him, he turned on the afterburners and scored from first. He "manufactured" a first run for the Braves.

Like I said, I call them the way I see them, and I can be critical, especially when it comes to Acuna. But I like to think I'm fair, and I have to say the Acuna I've seen so far this year is completely different than the old Acuna.

BornToHuntAndFish

Nice win for the Braves to end a good road trip leading the division while others follow with losing records as Atlanta comes back for their home opener.

Fs-YY-iXoAAQb3-

https://www.espn.com/mlb/boxscore/_/gameId/401471098

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Box Score

WIN
B. Elder 1-0
6.0 IP, 0 ER, 6 K, 3 BB

SAVE
J. Chavez 1
0.1 IP, 0 ER, 0 K, 0 BB

1st - Olson doubled to center, Acuña Jr. scored.
1st - Riley singled to center, Olson scored.
1st - Albies hit sacrifice fly to left, Riley scored.
2nd - Olson homered to center (410 feet).
4th - Olson doubled to right, Acuña Jr. scored.
7th - Walker homered to left (383 feet).
9th - Walker doubled to left, Carlson scored.

Fs-MPaFXwAAYekN

Fs-auMtWcAACFvf

Fs_nx8yWcAMaz9I

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Pretty strong looking team . And it doesn’t hurt the look to start the season 5-1 on the road .
Now time to continue at home . And I have also seen a little less show boating and more hustle out of Acuna . After all he is a 25 year old millionaire who in my opinion is good enough to show boat a little . But has no excuse for not playing hard