Braves 2024 Season Thread

DannyW

Where did everyone go ? Don’t count them out just yet
I'm still here, just waiting to see if this little hot streak continues. Without looking, I believe yesterday was their first 4-homer game all season. Maybe their first 3-homer game. And double-digit hits were great to see.

BornToHuntAndFish

Tough loss on Sunday after a fine comeback from behind but giving up a 2-run HR in the 9th-inning to lose the game for the Braves.

Nice recent 3-game winning streak for Atlanta on Thurs, Fri, & Sat so let's post some of the highlights showing their improvements. Braves have not won 3 or more in a row since May 11th, over a month ago.

Let's start with a nice 6-3 road win Thursday.

Thursday, June 13, 2024

GP-klo0XQAA_33j

1st - Ozuna doubled to right, Albies scored and Harris II scored.
4th - Albies singled to left, Duvall scored, Harris II to third.
6th - Arcia doubled to left, Kelenic scored.
7th - Stowers homered to center (439 feet), Westburg scored and Mullins scored.
9th - Harris II scored on Pérez wild pitch, Albies to third on wild pitch by Pérez.
9th - Olson doubled to right, Albies scored.

GP-bKxqWgAA0-4W

BornToHuntAndFish

BornToHuntAndFish

3rd of the 3-game win streak was a nice 9-2 home win Saturday.

Saturday, June 15, 2024

GQJhGYhW4AApdTh

5th - Kelenic homered to right center (392 feet), Murphy scored.
5th - Ozuna homered to center (423 feet), Albies scored.
5th - Olson homered to right (397 feet).
7th - Riley homered to center (425 feet), Ozuna scored and Olson scored.
8th - Albies hit sacrifice fly to left, Laureano scored.

GQJX26ZXIAA9gyM

DannyW

The coolest thing from yesterday's game was Grant Holmes. Braves called him up to provide some innings for the weary bullpen.

Kid has spent 10 years in the minors waiting for an opportunity. I never even heard of him until he was called on to pitch in the 6th. And did he deliver!

Struck out the very first batter he faced. Then he went 3 innings and with the help of a couple of DP's, faced only the minimum of 9 batters. He got the 9 outs on only 34 pitches.

What a debut! Ten years in the making. With his father in the stands. On Father's Day.

DannyW

They say on his first time in the clubhouse, he came in wearing cowboy boots!

Good fastball. Read that he was a first-round pick (22 overall) in the 2014 draft. We will see.

Duff

Braves face former North Hall standout Reece Olsen tonight. He’s been solid all year, despite his 1-8 record. I bet he will have to buy a bunch of tickets for tonight’s game

BornToHuntAndFish

Glad to get another close Braves win from some late game offense efforts against a losing record team, making it 4-wins in the last 5-games.

GQUciMXXgAAEDZB

Albies hits go-ahead homer in 8th as Braves overcome strong start by Olson and beat Tigers 2-1

— Ozzie Albies hit a go-ahead home run with two outs in the eighth and the Atlanta Braves overcame a strong start by Detroit right-hander Reese Olson to beat the Tigers 2-1
Braves, who enjoyed an offensive resurgence in winning two of three against Tampa Bay, have won four of their last five games

WIN
D. Hernandez 1-0
1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 2 K, 1 BB

SAVE
J. Jimenez 1
1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 1 K, 0 BB

6th - Greene singled to right, Ibáñez scored, Canha to second.
7th - Wall singled to right, Riley scored.
8th - Albies homered to right (407 feet).

GQUlwqiWEAAQCiH

GQT5QJQXwAAjPKk

(Bear from Snitker given to Ozuna below.)
GQUlwqRWwAAEEfX

BornToHuntAndFish

Good having Braves early 1st-inning runs to hold on for the win making it 5-wins out of last 6-games. Wednesday has Atlanta's early 12:20pm lunchtime getaway game start before next road series with the Yanks in NYC for the weekend.

GQZlj8dWcAA57-e

Spencer Schwellenbach shuts down Tigers for 1st MLB victory as Braves win 2-1

— Spencer Schwellenbach earned his first major league win and Ozzie Albies delivered a key hit for the second straight game as the Atlanta Braves downed the Detroit Tigers 2-1

WIN
S. Schwellenbach 1-2
6.0 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 7 K, 2 BB

SAVE
R. Iglesias 19
1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 1 K, 0 BB

1st - Albies tripled to right, Kelenic scored.
1st - Ozuna singled to left, Albies scored.
6th - Urshela singled to left, Greene scored.

GQZdSs3WIAAuIjg

biggdogg

Gotta love the popularity contest that is the All-Star game. Otahni leads the DH category by more than double the votes of Ozuna...

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Gotta love the popularity contest that is the All-Star game. Otahni leads the DH category by more than double the votes of Ozuna...
The All Star Game has been a popularity contest for a long time. Their stats show they should be neck and neck, but the young folks are all about Ohtani.

BornToHuntAndFish

Good Braves shutout win with a well earned day off on Thursday before their NY road series this weekend including a Sat. evening game on FOX TV.

GQdRNz9XYAAWFt2

Sean Murphy has pair of 2-run homers and Braves earn 3-game sweep of Tigers with 7-0 victory

— Sean Murphy hit a pair of two-run homers, Reynaldo López threw five scoreless innings and the Atlanta Braves completed a three-game sweep of the Detroit Tigers with a 7-0 victory
Braves went 5-1 on a six-game homestand and have won six of their past seven

WIN
R. Lopez 5-2
5.0 IP, 7 H, 0 ER, 6 K, 1 BB

2nd - Albies singled to left, Murphy scored, Laureano to third.
3rd - Murphy homered to right center (407 feet), Riley scored.
4th - Laureano homered to left center (426 feet).
4th - Albies scored on throwing error by pitcher Skubal, Ozuna safe at second on error.
5th - Murphy homered to left center (423 feet), Duvall scored.

GQdX6eqWoAAp4JZ

DannyW

First game was a good one for the home team
Yes it was. Even though I couldn't watch it, I followed along on my phone getting updates every few minutes.

Slowly the beast is starting to stir. Batting averages are starting to rise, batted balls that were being caught on the track for long outs are now creeping over the wall. I think all of the offensive players, with the exception of Arcia, now have BA of .250 or greater. Our 1-2-3 starting pitchers are as good as anybody's, and you can win in the playoffs with 3 good starters.

After this season's start, I'm not ready to go all-in on the Braves, but at least they have managed to steady the ship and are gaining on the Phils instead of falling further behind in the standings.

Winning the series in NY this weekend would be another good sign for them.

Latest posts