Braves 2024 Season Thread

biggdogg

Albies to the IL after that hit by pitch last night. Fractured toe..

biggdogg

For those of you that do, How are yall watching the braves?
We had direct tv pretty much just to watch the braves, but the price doubled after the first year and was something crazy so we canceled it. Had MLB tv but last I checked they were blacked out..
Seems like they get harder to watch every year since moving to Bally sports
I personally would have been fine listening on the radio, but the missus wasn't having none of that. After Bally was pulled from streaming platforms, she went with Comcast. The package she got isn't much more than we were paying for HULU Live either.

biggdogg

AA doesn't miss often when he pulls a deal, but it's looking like Bummer is turning into a miss. BUT, Lopez is starting to look like pure genius.

DannyW

AA doesn't miss often when he pulls a deal, but it's looking like Bummer is turning into a miss. BUT, Lopez is starting to look like pure genius.
Haven't personally seen enough of Bummer to say, except his stats are pretty bad.

Lopez? Pure gold...3 starts, 6 inning each, and has allowed only 1 run. Era = .50 and WHIP = .94.

He is seizing the opportunity and running with it. He is pitching like a number 1 instead of a number 5.

HermanMerman

For those of you that do, How are yall watching the braves?
We had direct tv pretty much just to watch the braves, but the price doubled after the first year and was something crazy so we canceled it. Had MLB tv but last I checked they were blacked out..
Seems like they get harder to watch every year since moving to Bally sports

We have Fubo and I go to sleep each night praying that Bally sports goes bankrupt…I want their employees to land on their feet but I want Bally gone.

OffTheBeatnPath

I personally would have been fine listening on the radio, but the missus wasn't having none of that. After Bally was pulled from streaming platforms, she went with Comcast. The package she got isn't much more than we were paying for HULU Live either.
Yep. Seems they have made it a point to make it harder each year than the last to watch them!

Baroque Brass

What ails Olsen? He struck out four times last night. Braves HR numbers seem down this year.

Duff

Olsen in a funk
Riley has been meh
Acuna has 1 HR
Strider out for the season
Fried has a 7.71 ERA
Albies out with a broken toe
Bummer getting shelled

yet they sit atop with a 14-6 record. I'll take it.

DannyW

Olsen in a funk
Riley has been meh
Acuna has 1 HR
Strider out for the season
Fried has a 7.71 ERA
Albies out with a broken toe
Bummer getting shelled

yet they sit atop with a 14-6 record. I'll take it.
Good summary @Dub.

I don't know the injury situation for all the teams, but with 25% 0f your position players and your #1 ace out, the Braves have had a worse time with injuries than most.

But they keep winning at a 113 wins/season pace.

DannyW

I know it was the Marlins, but great start by Bryce Elder! I can only imagine how it feels being an all-star one year and then getting sent back to AAA the next, but he took it like a pro!

Saw an injury update on Albies and Murphy...Albies could return to the lineup as soon as this Friday but Murphy might still be several weeks away. No matter...d'Arnaud is on fire right now.

Side note...anyone hear from @BornToHuntAndFish lately? Haven't seen one of his Brave's recaps in several weeks, his last post on the forum was March 31. I always enjoy his posts and hope everything's okay with him.

BornToHuntAndFish

Side note...anyone hear from @BornToHuntAndFish lately? Haven't seen one of his Brave's recaps in several weeks, his last post on the forum was March 31. I always enjoy his posts and hope everything's okay with him.

Monday, April 1st AT&T cut off my internet service until I get their Fiber Upgrade which I still need to call & schedule for some future Saturday. Currently, I'm having to carefully watch my cell phone data as I'm using it as a Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot for my Windows computer. Looking forward to getting back to normal some day hopefully in the next few weeks & posting recaps of Braves wins.

Was late just now turning on the Braves game radio broadcast, good to have them get another win & sounds like Max Fried had a fine game.

killerv

I think Maddux pitched one in 1 hour 46 minutes with no pitch/hit clock. This one was 1 hour 52 if I heard right.