Catch Thread 12/11

sportsman94

Guess it’s time to start a new one. One coyote today. I’ll get a pic uploaded in a little bit. Nothing at the beaver location, but I saw one swimming near the bank. Grabbed my 22 and went over there. Got a visual and shot the varmint. Went to grab it and realized something wasn’t right. Never have seen one of these around here, but got my first nutria rat

61350188-9D47-48A8-A4E6-57A5B6C7B9EC.jpeg

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I keep thinking that there’s nothing else to invade our woods and water but actually there’s dozens lined up waiting their turn to attack

Doug B.

I talked to another guy who said he’s caught 3 over the years. All in close proximity to this one. Guessing there’s a breeding population somewhere around there. Would much rather have muskrats than these things I think
We have muskrats up here. I have several over the years but I don't target them too much now cause there seems to be less of them. I would like to keep them and not get any nutrias.

trad bow

Lots of muskrats around Lake Sinclair. Have been for years. Back of the creeks and rivers that have large cattail flats have plenty to keep one busy.

trad bow

Can’t say I’ve ever seen one of this in Georgia.

We got em'. I'm at the North edge of the red patch...View attachment 1195652

Wonder how bad they'll be in another decade??
I don’t know how they can handle the cold but think in the lower southeast they will thrive. I my self have seen them in the panhandle of Florida a dozen or so years ago while working in the area for the power company

trad bow

I’ve never done any water trapping myself but as soon as I get my feet back under me I’m gonna try to trap some around Oconee and Sinclair.

trad bow

Don’t know. It gets colder there than here in Georgia. It could also be elevation oriented or availability of a sustainable food supply

Latest posts