Chattahoochee WMA Gun Hunt

jbogg

The weather looks fantastic for this weekend. I am on injured reserve with a bum Achilles, but planning on pounding the Vitamin I between now and then and pushing through. Pros play hurt. I would appreciate a couple of you guys pushing a bear my way out of those laurel thickets. I will be sitting against that real big oak tree up on that ridge. :rofl:

Gerrik

Just don't miss

when I push one to ya. I'll be stalking the ridges, and trying to catch 'em moving away from people. But, I'm quick on the draw, so you might not get a shot!

PappyHoel

You better bring your own rock to sit on. A friend and I hunted Chattahoochee this weekend 2 miles from the truck. He had 4 different hunters walk up on him. I was 3.5 miles from the truck and had a hunter walk up on me. Why a hunter would be walking at 9 am on opening day of bow season on a WMA is beyond me, but that gun hunt is going to be a mad house!

This has been my experience on every wma or public land hunt that I have ever been on. No matter how far you walk some yahoo will walk up on you.

humdandy

Banned
Hunted there in bow season for the past 3 years and have never ran into another hunter. Guess I'm hunting the wrong places.:D

Opening weekend there were 25 people signed in.......of course that does not count the number of folks who didn't sign in or signed in online.

Gerrik

I walked in with one guy opening morning. Met a couple more on the hike out. Just get away from the roads, and you don't see people. Or, since that's the general advice, maybe hunt near a road. That'll throw the bears off their game.

Buckman18

Hunted there in bow season for the past 3 years and have never ran into another hunter. Guess I'm hunting the wrong places.:D

Opening weekend there were 25 people signed in.......of course that does not count the number of folks who didn't sign in or signed in online.

Did you have any luck?

humdandy

Banned
Did you have any luck?

First year I saw hogs, deer a sow with cubs.
Second year I saw hogs and a sow with 3 cubs........the saw was standing 9 ft from me........I was on the ground!
This past year I saw one nice bear Friday before season opened.

H

Hammer Spank

First year I saw hogs, deer a sow with cubs.
Second year I saw hogs and a sow with 3 cubs........the saw was standing 9 ft from me........I was on the ground!
This past year I saw one nice bear Friday before season opened.

You must have one heck of a knowledgeable guide!

T-N-T

anybody going to be there mon-wed?

I'm camping in Low Gap Creek campground Friday night through Wed morning. Coleman travel trailer with white ram 2500 4 door.

Y'all swing in and drank a beer.

I have walked up on other hunters very little. And only on roads as I was headed somewhere else.
People tend to hunt the same places there. Easy to get to places. I mean like the "I don't want to walk on hills that make my smokers lungs have a fit" places.
People hunt stupid lazy these days

Flaustin1

I'm camping in Low Gap Creek campground Friday night through Wed morning. Coleman travel trailer with white ram 2500 4 door.

Y'all swing in and drank a beer.

I have walked up on other hunters very little. And only on roads as I was headed somewhere else.
People tend to hunt the same places there. Easy to get to places. I mean like the "I don't want to walk on hills that make my smokers lungs have a fit" places.
People hunt stupid lazy these days

I doubt youll have service to see this but keep an eye out for me Monday. Green Toyota Tundra.

H

Hammer Spank

This hunt on top of the unbelievable amount of pressure they have already gotten on that wma is going to push them north into the completely roadless NF areas and NE into swallows. Swallows is going to be loaded with bears come October. Bears are not like deer. They dont accept humans all of a sudden if there is food to be found elsewhere.

O-Country

Dang it's to hot to hunt but I did find some good sign if it will cool off a little. Bad dry a creek I have been crossing sense I was 9 with my pop and it is only the 2nd time it was dried up in all the years. Come on cool and rain.

jbogg

Dang it's to hot to hunt but I did find some good sign if it will cool off a little. Bad dry a creek I have been crossing sense I was 9 with my pop and it is only the 2nd time it was dried up in all the years. Come on cool and rain.

I went last week and didn't pack as much water as I normally do since I knew I would be able to refill my water bottles on my way out at a spring that I have never seen go dry. Wrong! Thanks to Joe Brandon for bailing me out with the last of his water. I won't be making that mistake again.

Joe Brandon

I went last week and didn't pack as much water as I normally do since I knew I would be able to refill my water bottles on my way out at a spring that I have never seen go dry. Wrong! Thanks to Joe Brandon for bailing me out with the last of his water. I won't be making that mistake again.

Hey brother that's what we do. I had never been there so I didn't anticipate the water source, if I had I wouldn't have bought all the water I did either. Nature is unforgiving!

Killer Kyle

Hey O, we hunted up near you this evening. Saw your nephew and his boy on the way out and talked for a minute. We sat in a big white oak Grove with lots of acorns near an ivy thicket and some feeding sign, and we didn't see squat! Any luck your way?