Coot decoy's

LOVEMYLABXS

MM that sure looks like a good deal but you think if maybe iffin you just bought the black duck deks next to them for 16 bucks you could just repaint them to look like coots? :huh:

How many coots are ya allowed down there? up here you can shoot 25 aday.:shoot::shoot::shoot:

LOVEMYLABXS

Yea I see what ya mean guess I'll just stick with my black painted plastic soda bottle they've worked well in the past so why mess with a good thing:huh: wonder iffin anyone makes a coot call?

mdhall

Coots taste like ducks if you marinate them right. But most people don't "hunt" coots. You just shoot them. The coot decoys give the ducks a sense of safety, they aren't decoying to the coots. But if there are numbers of waterfowl there, they are "more likely to land there."

Last edited:

Golden BB

Coots taste like ducks if you marinate them right. But most people don't "hunt" coots. You just shoot them. The coot decoys give the ducks a sense of safety, they aren't decoying to the coots. But if there are numbers of waterfowl there, they are "more likely to land there."

Guess it's a good thing we've got 32 dozen coot decoys.

WaterfowlFreak

up at Reelfoot Lake they believe in Coot decoys, i guarantee our guides had 500 coot dekes in thier spread! Worked pretty good.....and not one coot came in! :rofl:

I would have just bought the mallards or teal and painted them black with a white bill. I use old mallards painted like coots and i have had no problem with them. BTW i have had more mallards and wood ducks come to the coots before they have my duck decoys. So go fiqure.