Did you shoot anything today ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SC Hunter

@Dub there was no getting anything motorized to that pig unfortunately. Well you could get it close but you'd never get it back.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: It's on a powerline with about a 20 foot change in elevation type hole that is about a 50 degree angle with a knee deep creek running through the middle choked with briars and thigh deep mud in places with little islands. If I hadn't been able to drive right up to the edge he would have still been laying where he fell in all honesty.

Reactions: Dub

rosewood

@Dub there was no getting anything motorized to that pig unfortunately. Well you could get it close but you'd never get it back.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: It's on a powerline with about a 20 foot change in elevation type hole that is about a 50 degree angle with a knee deep creek running through the middle choked with briars and thigh deep mud in places with little islands. If I hadn't been able to drive right up to the edge he would have still been laying where he fell in all honesty.
Vultures gotta eat too....

Dub

Shot a pair of .45's today.

Kobra Carry & Monolith Heavyweight. First range session with the KC.

Started to get into the groove with the Brown and it failed to go into battery. Gave it a rest and finished off the mags in the Baer.

Both felt really good. My eyes coulda used some help. Just wearing $1.50 plastic safety glasses.

Center mass with the KC. Finished up alternating aimed head shots & fast belt line shots (below guesstimated body armor location) with the Baer.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Did a final check of my deer rifle line up for the year. It's a bit of a strange one, but here goes.

Savage 99E .308 with a US made Pentax 2-8x32.

ATI AR-15 with a Bear Creek .350 upper and a Nikon 1-4x20.

Old Model Ruger .44 Carbine, with Holden look thrus, and an old Weaver K4 that's still good enough to use.

Drill was simple enough. Clay birds at 100, off sandbags on my backyard picnic table.

Two rounds each, six dead birds...:)

Kowtown

Did a final check of my deer rifle line up for the year. It's a bit of a strange one, but here goes.

Savage 99E .308 with a US made Pentax 2-8x32.

ATI AR-15 with a Bear Creek .350 upper and a Nikon 1-4x20.

Old Model Ruger .44 Carbine, with Holden look thrus, and an old Weaver K4 that's still good enough to use.

Drill was simple enough. Clay birds at 100, off sandbags on my backyard picnic table.

Two rounds each, six dead birds...:)

Great line up. (y)

What are you shooting in the Ruger 44 carbine?

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Shot my 10mm using Magtech 180gr JHP, sighting it in at 30 yds. Decent ammo, grouped well, will see how it does on a deer this season.

Also shot some RIO Royal Star slugs out of my 870 express 28 in barrel with IC choke. 3 shots touching at 40 yds. These are some good slugs. Going to order 20 more boxes while they are still $3.99.

SC Hunter

Shot my 10mm using Magtech 180gr JHP, sighting it in at 30 yds. Decent ammo, grouped well, will see how it does on a deer this season.

Also shot some RIO Royal Star slugs out of my 870 express 28 in barrel with IC choke. 3 shots touching at 40 yds. These are some good slugs. Going to order 20 more boxes while they are still $3.99.
Do tell where those slugs are for sale at for that price please and thank you!

GregoryB.

Zeroed a old 60's model Browning Bar 30-06 that was left to me. Had to replace firing pin and springs. Shot a 3 shot group on a hot barrel that was just over 1 inch with 150gr Winchester Silver Tip ammo. Then I shot my Ruger #1 in 7mm 08 with 140gr Balistic tips to zero the scope. Now I need to work a load up since I am out of those bullets. Also shot my Inline Muzzle loader to check zero since I weighed the powder instead of using volume measurements. Made a adjustment or two and had shots touching at 100 yards. Lastly I shot a Coworkers Taurus 22 auto that he said was jamming. A little oil works wonders.

bullgator

Shot my 6 ARC and my .280. Let’s just say I’ve had better days at the range. :cautious:

Reactions: Dub

Adam5

I had a fairly low round count visit to Georgia Firing Line this morning. Some friends a I had a little Saturday shooting time.
I shoe my Colt King Cobra, Ruger MKII, S&W CS9, and my newly assembled .350 Legend AR.

Bobby Bigtime

I did! Took three different loads of 220 grain 30-06. The new parts Mauser shot all of them pretty well. It really liked a sierra bullet behind 50 grains of aa4350. I was surprised That it put them just over an inch with a red dot!! No need to look at anything else right now the rifle has chosen. Super stoked that a rifle I assembled from parts is a shooter. She is light and accurate and well balanced. I don't want to make my other 06 rifles jealous but she is ready for action.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I was able to shoot my Tikka .260 with 129 Accubond LR. Went with book OAL and it put three at .75 , two of almost touching.
Then I had adjusted some seating depths on 120gr TTSX.
Initially last year I played with
.020 Off lands shot a 1.5" group
.030 -.050 off lands 1.5" to 1-1/8"
I didn't hunt with that bullet and used the 143ELDX instead which shot 5/8" for three shots.
I recently seated some at .089 off lands and they went into a .85"
.070 off lands shot a 5/8" group exactly where the 143ELDX places them at dead center and 1" high

I got the red dot hitting to point of aim at 25yds on a Glock 22 in a Recover Tactical brace. Was able to ring a steel silhouette at 100yds offhand fairly regularly so I was happy get it where I can take my time with it next time and see what it can do.

I also fired some 95gr fmj handloads from a LCP Max .380. All functioned well but shot about 2" low at 10yds compared to my carry ammo.

And ran 50 rounds of 1-1/8 oz field loads through the RIA VR-60. It is fun to shoot.

Lots of cleaning to do Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.