Did you shoot anything today ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snooker1

22-250 at 260 yards (love this gun) weatherby vanguard with a inexpensive vortex scope. 260 yards with a 6-7 mph crosswind.

I should add what I was doing, I got a new rest/shooting sticks so I wanted to try them out the same way I will be using them from my ground blind. I set up my chair and shot off the sticks once I got found a comfortable hand placement I feel confident with this setup.

Attachments

• 20211019_172827.jpg
    20211019_172827.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20211019_192934.jpg
    20211019_192934.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Dub

22-250 at 260 yards (love this gun) weatherby vanguard with a inexpensive vortex scope. 260 yards with a 6-7 mph crosswind.

I should add what I was doing, I got a new rest/shooting sticks so I wanted to try them out the same way I will be using them from my ground blind. I set up my chair and shot off the sticks once I got found a comfortable hand placement I feel confident with this setup.

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Heck yeah. Well done, man. That's some good practice there.

chuckdog

I loaded a few .257 Roberts early Wednesday morning.

100 grain Sierra Pro Hunter atop 47 grains of Reloader 19 in once fired neck sized Remington brass seated @ 2.785” oal.

I took the 20” Browning that I deep cleaned a few months back( the one I broke a pull through cable inside the barrel using too large of a patch) to the range at lunch to test both rifle and ammo.

I fired one upon arrival to foul the bore and it hit 1.5” high at 100.

I laid it aside and got my T/C .308 Win out to confirm zero. I fired 3 rounds, 150 grain GameKings atop 45 grains of Varget all in a nice little cluster 2” high @ 100.

After the little .257 carbine had cooled, I picked it up and put 2 more shots down range and they kept the exact same elevation as the first shot. My second shot was just touching the first shot and I pulled the third about an inch from the first two. I knew before I looked that I had pulled right off the bullseye just as the round lit.

It was lunch and I had other places to be, so I had to pack it in.

I knew the T/C .308 would stack them, but the Browning even after owning it for more than ten years was a welcome surprise.

First chance I get I’m going back to confirm the zero on the Bob. Make sure I can repeat the first performance. Try to get pictures too.

Reactions: Dub

SC Hunter

I ran a 140 grain Nosler ballistic tip into the shoulder of a doe this evening, exit about the size, maybe a little bigger than a quarter. Went in her shoulder and out about mid rib. She ran about 35 yards dumping blood after about 10 yards, as in slinging blood everywhere. I've killed a lot of deer with a lot of different calibers but I absolutely love a 7mm-08.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211029-201303.png
    Screenshot_20211029-201303.png
    524.5 KB · Views: 8

Dub

I ran a 140 grain Nosler ballistic tip into the shoulder of a doe this evening, exit about the size, maybe a little bigger than a quarter. Went in her shoulder and out about mid rib. She ran about 35 yards dumping blood after about 10 yards, as in slinging blood everywhere. I've killed a lot of deer with a lot of different calibers but I absolutely love a 7mm-08.

WELL DONE !!!! (y)(y)

GregoryB.

I put one of those 140gr NBT from my Ruger #1 in 7mm-08 in a SC doe this morning from about 70 yards. Ribs in and out. Popped the heart and left a golf ball size hole. She made it about 30 yards. Great blood trail.

SC Hunter

WELL DONE !!!! (y)(y)
Thank you sir. I need to find about 200 or so 140 ballistic tips to have reloaded. ? My encore loves those bullets and I really like their results. I'm going to try some in that 6.5 I'm picking up tomorrow and see how they do. Any deer I've shot with them if they run at all it's 40 yards max and pile up.

SC Hunter

I put one of those 140gr NBT from my Ruger #1 in 7mm-08 in a SC doe this morning from about 70 yards. Ribs in and out. Popped the heart and left a golf ball size hole. She made it about 30 yards. Great blood trail.
I didn't get a golf ball size exit but it was 2 fingers'ish wide. After about 10 yards that doe last night was dumping it out.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Thank you sir. I need to find about 200 or so 140 ballistic tips to have reloaded. ? My encore loves those bullets and I really like their results. I'm going to try some in that 6.5 I'm picking up tomorrow and see how they do. Any deer I've shot with them if they run at all it's 40 yards max and pile up.
Animals are tough. Just cause they run a little doesn't mean they aren't dead, they just don't know it. 40yds for a deer is literally 2 to 3 seconds of oxygen left in their system. Keep up the good work!

SC Hunter

Animals are tough. Just cause they run a little doesn't mean they aren't dead, they just don't know it. 40yds for a deer is literally 2 to 3 seconds of oxygen left in their system. Keep up the good work!
Oh I get it. I don't mind if they run a little ways. Even if I see them fall I go to where I shot them and follow the trail. Keeps my tracking skills up to par. If I don't want them to run off at all I shoot through both shoulders slightly high and drop the anchor right there.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Oh I get it. I don't mind if they run a little ways. Even if I see them fall I go to where I shot them and follow the trail. Keeps my tracking skills up to par. If I don't want them to run off at all I shoot through both shoulders slightly high and drop the anchor right there.
Often my shot placement depends on how much meat is acceptable to lose and or if a property line is close or a steep drag back up hill is a possibility, lololol. I do like you and put it through the top of the shoulders and they crumple for sure.

bullgator

@bullgator Details?!?! We need details!
Sat in on two classes, an optics class and a precision reloading class.
I shot rifles from Masterpiece Arms, Surgeon, and AI, all in 6.5 Creedmoor. Didn’t even shoot half of the available rifles because of the classes, but we’ll correct that tomorrow. I’ll also pick up some things from vendors like BoreTech. I may also order a bipod with the 30% discount they offered.
Also, shooting the VuuDoo .22s at 200 yards was every bit as much fun as the center fire rifles.

bullgator

Friend of mine shooting the Surgeon action rifle at 1000.530DA7C6-3D7B-4D9D-BC1D-A05458890437.jpeg

bullgator

Did you shoot the new AI AT-X? If so, what'd you think?
I don’t really know which one it was. It was the first one I shot this morning and I believe it was an optics company that had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.