Do trail cams belong on public land?

Do trail cameras belong on public land?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
The game and fish code in Georgia plus the regulations is over 1,000 pages. There’s more than a few laws that aren’t enforced.

It's a good thing we got 'em though. You know, just in case. :bounce:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Side note—it’s humorous to me how folks from out west think the area you live in isn’t as wild or rugged as where they live simply because there aren’t snow capped peaks.
Plus, the relief is about the same in context. Out there, you often have level plateaus at 5000'-6000' with peaks rising up to 10,000-11,000'. Here, you start at 1500' and the peaks top out at nearly 7000', so it's about the same amount of vertical terrain, with the same cliffs, crags, and such. And, half the land out there isn't covered with almost impenetrable crawl-on-your belly rhododendron thickets, laurel slicks, and heath balds like it is here.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I like to put cameras up just to see what kind of wildlife I get on it. Mainly to just study their habits. And to see what animals go where “everyone knows l they don’t. Around creeks is a good one.

NCMTNHunter

The whole cell cam/communication devise legality issue has been covered on here and everywhere else for years. Cell cameras are not illegal. If you get a picture of a buck today and use that to decide where you are going to hunt tomorrow it is not illegal. If you are hunting and get a picture of a buck and try to go kill it right then, it is illegal. Same goes for cell phones, radios, and drones. It has been addressed over and over by DNR that they don’t need new laws because the old law covers it.

ddd-shooter

As far as the gooberment using them on Public land, well they do kind of own it, they have the right to make sure that what is going on on that property is within the law. But I really hope they don't, because nobody needs to see me in the woods when I need to drop a deuce!!!!!:D
No they don’t own it. The govt is not a person. They have no rights except what we the people grant them.

We the people own it.

…at least that’s how it was written up…

lampern

The whole cell cam/communication devise legality issue has been covered on here and everywhere else for years. Cell cameras are not illegal. If you get a picture of a buck today and use that to decide where you are going to hunt tomorrow it is not illegal. If you are hunting and get a picture of a buck and try to go kill it right then, it is illegal. Same goes for cell phones, radios, and drones. It has been addressed over and over by DNR that they don’t need new laws because the old law covers it.

So its not possession of the device but how one uses it.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
https://forum.gon.com/threads/should-modern-“live”-fish-finders-be-banned-on-public-waters.1047595/#post-14166243

Last edited:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Your link not work. Got to do it differently now. I have not learned how yet either. :rofl:
Don’t know why it won’t work but service is crazy where I’m at

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
I like to hang cameras in popular recreation areas. Put em in knot holes and such on hiking trails and in parking areas.

Craziest thing I ever got was some citified hippie boy parading around with Barbie Dolls and Little Debbies. Pretty sure he was on the funny mushrooms or something