Votes: 44 61.1%
  • No, if I did I would turn them in

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • Heck, I bait myself

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters

Arrow3

Well??

Do they see more deer then you?? Kill more then you?? I know a couple of guys who do it and they see more deer then I do.....Neither one of them kill more deer then I do....Just curious to everyones answer...

Last edited:

raghorn

You are a brave,brave man Arrow 3 . ::ke: But to answer your question,no I don't.However , the last club I was in,just about every deer I killed for two years had a gullet full of corn. No corn fields for miles around either :huh:

hunting 101

i would really like for people to vote in this pole. i think we would all be amazed at how many people hunt illegal now. whether it be baiting, or via the light. i have had family members that would bait our land, and it would be close enough to make my stands illegal. i have called the dnr out just to prove my point (i do not agree with baiting; i like the idea of working deer at their own game). i can see just as many deer under a hardwood bottom as a pile of corn. no they do not see more deer than i do; not as many in my case. they see more opening weekend but after "its brown its down" saturday and sunday there deer spottings drop ALOT (at least from the corn piles).

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Yes and the question is would I turn them in the ones that I know do it to the letter of the law. So no I would not tturn them in.

Randy

I do not know anybody that admits to me that they bait. If they do they know how strongly I feel about this and probably would not tell me. If I know someone baits they get turned in!

GeauxLSU

Exactly what Randy said. But people need to also remember, you can feed deer corn year round in Georgia. The "look at the corn sales during hunting season" and the "his stomach was full of corn" do not 'necessarily' mean people are shooting over bait. Yes I know it happens, but hopefully not as much as I think it does.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Could this be a record for simutaneous corn related threads? :cool:

Ol' Buckmaster

I don't bait but I also don't have a problem with it. That being said, I wouldn't bait even if it was legal for the simple reason that I am cheap. I refuse to to pay good money for a bag of corn and then go dump it on the ground. I could care less if I knew someone was baiting. Victimless crimes don't rank very high on my list. The only type of baiting I do have a problem with is bears eating garbage out of a 55 gal drum. That is just disrespectful to the animal.

Walkie Takie

They don't care ///////////

we had clubs beside us w/ corn out and stand less than 50 yards away , and called the man (dnr ) and was told not to get close to that area and nothing nothing nothing was every done ( nothing ) corn was still there and was being hunted every weekend but we made sure we were the 200 + yards from our line , because of this person ???
so I don't think the dnr guys really care very much about corn being on the ground and hunted over , guess they have bigger and better thing to do ?????? I just know I will not waste me time every again to call dnr about corn in Oconee co , he made us feellike we were doing some wrong because we found it or could see it from our property lines and made the call ////////
w/t :huh: :banginghe ::ke: :flag:

coon dawg

GONetwork Member

Walkie Takie said:
we had clubs beside us w/ corn out and stand less than 50 yards away , and called the man (dnr ) and was told not to get close to that area and nothing nothing nothing was every done ( nothing ) corn was still there and was being hunted every weekend but we made sure we were the 200 + yards from our line , because of this person ???
so I don't think the dnr guys really care very much about corn being on the ground and hunted over , guess they have bigger and better thing to do ?????? I just know I will not waste me time every again to call dnr about corn in Oconee co , he made us feellike we were doing some wrong because we found it or could see it from our property lines and made the call ////////
.they care in Madison County............our Ranger made at least 30 baiting cases last year, mostly deer, some turkey............... :flag:

bull0ne

Banned
I hardly know anyone who does'nt bait, i can't prove or disprove how close they hunt to the feed site, some could be legal but i know others are not.

I saw a pillar of the community type at the feed store once, this guy is QDM/trophy/super manager deer guru.

He leaned over to whisper to the clerk, she picked up the radio and blasted to the loadout person''got someone coming around for 5 bags of corn you need to load''

It was sweet to see that.....i hollered up the line''when did you get hogs?''

I got a go to elmo look from him and a few chuckles from the others in the line.

Its the common practice these days, when you're outnumbered 10-1 you just accept thats the way it goes or you might get terrorist tactics used against you if rat everyone out.

General Lee

Wow,4 people have said they bait?Some of you folks need to be careful how you answer these type polls.The "powers that be"will trace it down and we know some of them have TIPS on speed dial :rofl:

GeauxLSU

Reminder

bull0ne said:
I hardly know anyone who does'nt bait, i can't prove or disprove how close they hunt to the feed site, some could be legal but i know others are not.

I saw a pillar of the community type at the feed store once, this guy is QDM/trophy/super manager deer guru.

He leaned over to whisper to the clerk, she picked up the radio and blasted to the loadout person''got someone coming around for 5 bags of corn you need to load''

It was sweet to see that.....i hollered up the line''when did you get hogs?''

I got a go to elmo look from him and a few chuckles from the others in the line.

Its the common practice these days, when you're outnumbered 10-1 you just accept thats the way it goes or you might get terrorist tactics used against you if rat everyone out.
Bullone,
Unless very recently it was not legal to hunt hogs over bait (unless you were referring to him getting livestock) and once again, it is perfectly LEGAL to run feeders during deer season. No I'm against baiting and have never run a corn feeder on any land I've ever hunted, but there is a TON of assuming going on in many posts as of late. Course I don't know the guy so maybe it's just as you implied.
Just a reminder for folks who may not be aware and jump to conclusions.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

GeauxLSU

Walkie Takie said:
Unreal. I wouldn't have stopped with that call. :banginghe
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Meriwether Mike

I have not seen any baiting during season. If I found corn during the season I would report it to the local DNR enforcement and let him determine the who, what, when and where of the guilty or innocent party.

GA DAWG

I dont bait!Now I'm sure I've hunted alittle to close to salt licks a time or 2.I've known folks that bait.Never did turn them in.The way I see it I've never even saw any of these baiters kill anything remotely mature.It must be the bait they shoot the first thing they see.So I dont worry bout them killing my big bucks.I was tracking a wounded buck one opening day.Had to go on adjoining property.Of course we got permission.This guy had a place looked like he had went through with a spreader truck.Didnt even care if we saw it!I've heard this same bunch talk on radios about there corn piles not even being touched sence whenever.I still aint gonna turn them in.Just aint my cup of tea!!!!!!

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
A friend of mine who live's in South Carolina does on occasion.

He told me whole corn isn't all that great, but cracked corn is the ticket. He said deer will eat twice as much cracked corn over whole kernals.

I don't know anybody in Georgia that openly does it.

Tommy