Do you pray out loud?

DannyW

When I'm asked to say a prayer at an event, like a family dinner, I ask the prayer out loud. But when I ask my daily personal prayer, I do it silently.

Anything wrong with this? How do you ask your personal prayer, out loud or in your mind?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

gordon 2

I can't see anything wrong with this especially that you are asked. And to your other question I silently pray when I ask in personal prayer, which usually are not prayers for myself. I try to make the prayers come from my heart. I don't trust my mind to be as spot on as my heart can be when asking for something for someone. My mind can still be as hard as rock sometimes, but my heart I can usually trust to be fleshy. So perhaps I pray with the muscle memory of Christ dying on the Cross and in silent prayer or out loud. I try to make both resound with the love of our faith and that we both have for others.

Yours is a good question. Why are you asking? Someone told you you where not in line with scripture or something else?

gordon 2

Just wondering is all. Thought it may be addressed in the bible somewhere.
There are many entries for Pray, prayed, praying, prays and Prayer (Prayers)....in scripture. I just checked with the Amplified Bible Concordance and there you have a good days entries... like 54 entries for Prayer (s) alone.

The very first entry for Pray is from Gen 20:7... he is a prophet and he will pray for you...

Hoping this will help.

TJay

I pray out loud occaisionally, usually when I'm kind of stressed and there's a lot of background noise in my brain (if that makes any sense).

Redbow

I pray both out loud at times and silently at other times. I don't think the Lord minds how you pray out loud or silently just so you talk to him any time and anywhere you wish too.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think religion should be a private thing. I also think a lot of folks pray loudly to be seen praying.

BeerThirty

I pray out loud by myself or when I am praying over the dinner table with the family. I've been through a couple rough patches recently where I've also prayed out loud with my wife. But generally speaking, I don't like to pray in public because i'm not good at it and I don't like drawing attention to myself.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Praying aloud together is a part of our services. Outside of church it depends on the occasion and how I feel in the moment. Scripture guides us not to pray aloud to garner attention, be hypocritical. It also guides us to give thanks and spread the salvation message.

gordon 2

In keeping with the examples of behavior I see, this has to be the funniest artistic representation of the prayer of the possessed. :)