Double headed conjure man......

T-N-T

I have found the older I get the more I pay attention to others and their beliefs/actions. I see LOTS of Christian people who have VooDoo type behaviors. They dont knwo where they come from or they would stop it right now I bet!
Around here I hear lots of stories about the old timers that passed before my time. They all had huge Superstitious Beliefs. I recon many came from the black folks in the area. I work with a black guy who is 51. He is the youngest of about 12 siblings. HE has many qwerks about him that I know he doesnt realize the origin of. Just things his parents did and he learned. Superstitious thinking mostly.
As for holidays being based on pagan events.... That has always made me laugh, in side, not out loud.
PEople walk around doing things that come from VooDoo and Pagan beliefs and dont know it. They cross their fingers for luck and such. Then they tell you how they dont believe in none of that hocus pocus. I LOVE hearing old people tell the ways of the past. The beliefs and such. Funny how we get all "educated" we forget the ways that got people through hundreds of years.

T-N-T

Oh yeah, who knows about the Farmers Almanac? "The signs"? This has to be based on something along what we are talking about...
You know, digging holes on the right moon. Or else you wont have enough dirt to fill the hole in. Or too much to go back in. I believe it has way more to do with how compacted is the dirt you dig up. If you loosen it you will have extra. And then you of course never get all the dirt out of the grass beside the hole, thus leaving you short.
Sorry if I am rambling about things unrelated but I just figured it might be tied in.

joedublin

Hundreds of homes in and around Deland, Florida are painted bright blue. My father always leaned his shoes toes up against a wall in the bedroom. I remember or ball team wearing the same socks 'cause we were on an 18 game winning streak. Everybody has some sort of superstition.

The mtn man

I have seen some superstitious folks around here, some believe you can give someone a penny and they will buy a wart from you, some beleive it's bad luck to walk under a ladder or whatever, I think most people I know that say these things are making a joke, I know sometimes I say somethings bad luck, just for laughs, I don't believe in any of the hocus pocus, as far as wasps I have heard some say here special people can handle a wasp nest, In my line of work I encounter wasps multiple times each day, I use to carry spray and spray them, but I have found that wasps can be very dossile, I mostly now just pinch off the part that attaches the nest, lay the nest down, (with wasps still on it), then mash it with my boot, and believe it or not I am a born again Christian, most times not a very good one, but one the same.

T-N-T

I saw a man rub his fingers in his sweaty arm pit and get his long days work stink on them. Then reach up and pinch off a nest. I told him he could have it. I'm allergic and don't take risks with any bee