END OF MINNKOTA

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Just 10 days ago, I bought a Minn-Kota Endura Model trolling motor, transom mount, 40 pounds thrust, 5-speed forward, 3 speed reverse and it shows on the box that it was MADE IN MEXICO. This is for a Monark 14 ft aluminum fishing boat.

For the past 25-30 years, I had two Minn-Kota trolling motors on it (A 565 M bow mount foot controlled and also a model 35 with tiller handle) but I don't know where they were manufactured. They both still work but I broke the props on BOTH during the past 10 days as I was refurbishing the boat to give to my daughter and SIL. I also ordered new props for both of these during the past week and I hope to have them fairly soon as they were showing being in stock in Atlanta according to Augusta Marine.

Last edited:

whchunter

Ordered a Ultrex several months ago and was told it would be first of August now I'm being told end of October. That 5 to 6 months to get product. That's a major problem when you're in business.

pbradley

Ordered a Ultrex several months ago and was told it would be first of August now I'm being told end of October. That 5 to 6 months to get product. That's a major problem when you're in business.

6 months to get refrigeration of any kind in my business. 1 year to get a fryer. Cost of a walkin cooler has gone from $7500 to over $16,000.

whchunter

Maybe Minnkota needs to take notes on how Motorguide puts products in consumers hands. Motorguide doesn't seem to have any problems. Maybe we need to put drug dealers in charge of our supply chain. We never hear anyone say we're out of drugs. ?

doomtrpr_z71

Maybe Minnkota needs to take notes on how Motorguide puts products in consumers hands. Motorguide doesn't seem to have any problems. Maybe we need to put drug dealers in charge of our supply chain. We never hear anyone say we're out of drugs. ?
So your solution is to outsource production to China then?

whchunter

So your solution is to outsource production to China then?

This shows both are still made here. But I think we know that according to minnkotas online response that they are waiting on chips from Taiwan or elsewhere. I can't figure how the chip shortage hasn't effected motorguide.

Screenshot_20220804-080945_Google.jpg

brunofishing

Word on the street is there getting chips from the Kia plant in LaGrange, there mass producing them now for other companys like Johnson.

doomtrpr_z71

This shows both are still made here. But I think we know that according to minnkotas online response that they are waiting on chips from Taiwan or elsewhere. I can't figure how the chip shortage hasn't effected motorguide.

View attachment 1167636
Maybe the tour series but all of the x series I've ever seen were made in China. Its not affecting motorguide because they don't have the demand for saltwater trolling motors like minn kota does, the demand for inshore boats is stupid.

panfishvinnie

I am pro-union and I hope they become the norm as they protect workers.[/QUO Many years before I retired, I was in charge of hiring outside contractors. (Plumbers, electricians etc) I would only hire Union tradesmen because they were properly trained through apprenticeship programs. I am not saying that every union tradesmen was better then non-union tradesmen, but overall I found them to be better and more conscientious workers due to their extensive training.

hipster dufus

I dont have a problem with private sector unions. My issue has been with public employee unions who vote for the people they negotiate with. Dint know of any private unions that can match govt unions benefits.

James12

You could say that about 1000's of companies right now. When you shut down the world for a year and half things like that tend to happen.

ding ding ding ??

Some have no idea, but when switchgear is still 80 weeks out, there’s a chance things get much uglier before better.