Farmer’s Perspective of GA Hog Hunters

bigreddwon

If I change my views can I get a rabbit hunt and a dinner as well?? lol

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
We had a hog problem brought on to us once. Some ol` boys out of Savannah leased some land that bordered up on my cousins place. Our farm bordered my cousin, so what we did was a joint effort for the family. They decided that they needed more than deer, so they brought in a bunch of hogs, and turned em loose. They didn`t care one bit that those hogs took to our fields, where our crops were, and took away from the annual income that we depended on.

After shootin` a few in the fields, and then havin` to drag em off, we found out that a shot in the lower guts, and the hog would leave the field under his own power, and never return. Those boys decided after that year, that they could find a more hospital place to hunt.

Bottom line...don`t mess with a mans honest income.

SELFBOW

The way I see it, he didnt have to put a post up telling hunters who already screwed THEMSELVES outta good 'hunting' grounds, the best way to get BACK onto them. But he did, and every word was dripping in common sence and had a genreal underlying thread of "Lets all work together to change how were looked at as a whole". Its just not enough for some I guess.

YOU ARE RIGHT, he didn't have to but he got you SOLD on it :rofl:

He needs clients to make his program work.

bigreddwon

I had been booked for many months prior to that post, or my even finding these forums for that matter.

Public Land Prowler

LOL...Red I admire your in stone attitude.Don't you agree then massacre,plus a few hunting friends to put daytime pressure will do the trick.. ;)

BTW thanks for the invite.

Kawaliga

Gone but not forgotten
Jager is getting a lot of advertising out of starting this thread. Didn't Hog Guide get kicked off the forum for plugging his business? Seems to me we have a situation here. One other point: there are a lot of hunters in Georgia that like to hunt hogs, some with dogs, and some walking them up. They have a right to the attitude that a hog is a game animal worthy of merit. Farmers also have a real problem with crop damage in SOME situations. That does not in itself justify the premise that all hogs should be eradicated. When anyone comes on this forum and and suggests that they have a method to eradicate hogs, it is only natural that people that like to hunt them are going to resist.

some of our problem is a few people giving us hog doggers a bad name we are just getting into hog hunting real big and we are getting some land to hunt because some of the farmers around here have caught other people catching them showing the farmer they caught some then going to the other side of the property and turning them back out. this makes all of us look bad and makes it hard for those of us that are doing right to get land to hunt but its like anything a couple of bad people make it hard on the honest people

sghoghunter

some of our problem is a few people giving us hog doggers a bad name we are just getting into hog hunting real big and we are getting some land to hunt because some of the farmers around here have caught other people catching them showing the farmer they caught some then going to the other side of the property and turning them back out. this makes all of us look bad and makes it hard for those of us that are doing right to get land to hunt but its like anything a couple of bad people make it hard on the honest people
Amen brother

Dpsmith

it seems as though jager started this thread and has now left it leaving everyone arguing! do yall even remember what the tread was started for or are yall just arguing back at the last thing someone wrote?!

it seems as though jager started this thread and has now left it leaving everyone arguing! do yall even remember what the tread was started for or are yall just arguing back at the last thing someone wrote?!

answer is yes! Everyone is trying to get the last word. The ones who aren't either are trying to show some common sense and then there is a select few who just want to stir the pot and rile others up

answer is yes! Everyone is trying to get the last word. The ones who aren't either are trying to show some common sense and then there is a select few who just want to stir the pot and rile others up

Public Land Prowler

Chad are you post padding?...lol..If we just make senseless posts will they lock it,or warn us for making senseless posts?

Only 5 more to nmake it to 200!