Farmer’s Perspective of GA Hog Hunters

JBowers

I just became aware of this thread and have not read its entirety. All pesticides sold or used in the United States must be registered by EPA, based on scientific studies showing that they can be used without posing unreasonable risks to people or the environment.

The chemical Sodium Nitrite was mentioned in some earlier threads as a potential control tool for feral hogs. Despite that some research has been conducted regarding the use of Sodium Nitrite as a potential chemical for controlling feral hogs, please be aware that Sodium Nitrite is not registered or labelled for use as a pesticide for control of feral hogs in the United States.

Use of such chemicals contrary to their registration or labelling is a violation of federal law under FIFRA (Federal Insecticide, Rodenticide and Fungicide Act).

Public Land Prowler

some of these guys just put temic coated corn,and peanuts out...kills the yotes,and hogs,and anything else that eats it..one day they will get caught.I think if the dept.agriculture got involved they could do random checks on property,and evaluate the actual damage,and make sure this poisoning doesn't happen.

redlevel

some of these guys just put temic coated corn,and peanuts out...kills the yotes,and hogs,and anything else that eats it..one day they will get caught.I think if the dept.agriculture got involved they could do random checks on property,and evaluate the actual damage,and make sure this poisoning doesn't happen.

I have seen a dog die from eating a Temik hamburger, and it ain't pretty. I had a neighbor who put out Temic hamburger for the yotes. I think it is a highly questionable practice, certainly illegal, and I never did it. I have seen several skunks die from digging peanut seed in the row where they were treated with Temic. When I was row-cropping, it was the only chemical I handled that really scared me.

kornbread

i went to a field 2 weeks ago and the neibors property had put out timec and we seen about 14 hogs eating pnuts but i wasnt about to throw out my dogs and 2 days ago seen the same hogs eating again they have became smarter and imune to it or like the farmer said they have figured a way to roll the pnut out of the hole before they eat it

CAL

Temik is the very worst chemical I have ever had any dealings with.If ingested.............you DIE! There is no antidote for it.Not only that it will kill whatever eats the animal that died from it for 3 different times on down the line.Had a friend what farmed and a empty bag blew into his pasture,cattle licked the bag and killed three cows.Please,if you don't know how to handle it,leave it alone!
The chemical comes in two forms,a clay form and a corn cob form.Both forms are just carriers for the chemical.Stay clear of the stuff!

Yall might get mad about this but if i saw someone do this at a place i was huntin i would raise #@$%^^%# and hope the hogs ate all the crops

Dpsmith

yall can stay in here and fight it out but i called the bleckley county ext. office and got in touch with Mr. Lee and he said that he would talk to Mr. Nobles, and let him call me if he wanted the help, so we will see how bad he needs help. I would be def. willing to help the farmer out if he will call.

Last edited:

REDMOND1858

yep temik will drop em quick. the state man comes into where i work about once a month searching our records saying someone else has poisoned hogs deer dogs, its always something with temik. if you get caught you might as well sell your farm cause they will pretty much take it from you

HOGDOG76

i went to a field 2 weeks ago and the neibors property had put out timec and we seen about 14 hogs eating pnuts but i wasnt about to throw out my dogs and 2 days ago seen the same hogs eating again they have became smarter and imune to it or like the farmer said they have figured a way to roll the pnut out of the hole before they eat it
seen it done several times by farmers but have yet to see a dead hog from it. Usually saw it mixed in a pile of corn and my dogs eat corn i know they can be frustated by the crop damage but i wont put the dogs out until they shovel all the piles under.

skippygus73

I would just love for someone to let me come in and shoot 2 or 3 a year down here in southeast Ga. I have my bow and 30-06 sighted in and ready to go. Back home in Texas we have the same problem. My brother is pretty dedicated to killing hogs. One of his co-workers has some land with tons of hogs and lets him come out and shoot all he wants. When he has time he puts down 2 a week. At my wifes family place my dad n law trapped a dozen one night, but he is pretty soft and let them out. But after that thou, they never came back. So that stinks for me cause I don't have pigs to put down there. So back to my original statement, I sure would like a place down here in Southeast Ga.

Latest posts