Favorite or Best Hunting "1-Liners" or Quotes? ...Let's Start with Michael Waddell's

BornToHuntAndFish

"That buck can ride in the back of my pick-up truck anytime." - Eddie Salter

Lee

Read in GON a long time ago, and it has stuck in my head, about a guy shooting a big deer and right before the shot he was...

"shaking like a cold dog crapping peach pits."

Confederate_Jay

" you put a double fore-arm shiver on that buck" ....Waddell
(found out later a "fore-arm shiver" was actually an old football term)

" you couldn't get a shot at the momma? " .... When somebody drives up with a yearling

" hold on, I'll wipe the milk off its lips before everybody else comes over"- Then it never fails, somebody is going to say " sure will be some good eatin" ..... above mentioned yearling deal again

xhunterx

get your good clothes on, we're going to a funeral today
(Ronnie Smith outdoors speaking at hunting camp)

I just let the air out of old bullwinkle- also ronnie smith outdoors

killNgrill

"you cant have this much fun at the mall, kids" -nuge

after arrowing a huge bull nuge says, "i cant explain in words, on camera, with my clothes on, exactly how i feel right now"

Lane Morrell

I have got to start this by saying that my dad is one of the best instinctive shooters I have ever known. He would throw .22 short cases in the air and shoot them with the .22 to hear them sing. But one time rabbit hunting with my Great Uncle Bud, a WW1 vet. with a slight speech impediment when Dad had a brand new Winchester Mod. 12:

Bang
"Choot him again, Jim!"
Bang
"Choot him again, Jim!"
Bang
"Choot him again, Jim!"
Bang

This might be my new favorite.

win270wsm

I love animals!!!!!! I think they are delicious!!!!
(bumper sticker on buddy's truck)

Trooper

I always tell my girlfriend when she ask if I'm going hunting?"Yep ,it's an addiction only cured by death".

Turn ur hat sideways and that deer'll think your looking the other way!-Wenzell brothers

Canebrake

Banned
When instructing the club president on how to finish off a yearling doe after he found himself half-drunk, in a beaver swamp, with an empty quiver (granted 3 of the arrows were sticking out of the deer). 12:15 a.m.:

"Mike, stab her in the throat! Stab her again!! Stab her again!!! Stab her again Mike!!! MIKE...OPEN THE BLADE!!!!!!!"

preacher

Referring to a young man at the hunting club who shot a fawn, "He just cut the backstraps out and threw the rest in the crockpot."

I don't know if he'll ever live that one down:bounce:

biggdogg

stan potts " gimme a second, just, gimme a second"
travis t-bone " he's got the crabapple quick step!"

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
"put one on a broadhead diet"

and my personal favorite :p "come on sweet beast!"

Rangerboats

My mom has got a sign for my dad that says..."When I die burry me in the woods so my husband will know where to find me"!!!!

BornToHuntAndFish

and my personal favorite :p "come on sweet beast!"

Was hoping we'd see that one.

I'm having a blast reading what folks can come up with.

Appreciate all the good, fun contributions we can all add to our memories & repertoire.

Thank God for the forum's integrated spell check function.

:cool: