glue, locktite and friction tape for scope mounts and rings.

Dub

Maybe you can give us a rundown on the Borka torque wrench and how it works Dub? I use a FAT wrench but wouldn't mind taking a peek at the Borka and hearing your thoughts.

Sure....I'll try to link some videos, too.

Gotta listen to them first to ensure language is forum-safe.

First....I would up having some weird findings with my FAT Wrench. I'd use it....then hit some of the same bolts and it wouldn't break over. It appears I'd stored it improperly and goofed it up.

When it had been working okay it proved to me that it's a crucial step. Without a torque wrench I was simply guesstimating and I always over-tightened.

I looked around....was considering buying a kit from Nightforce or getting a set of Fix-It-Sticks. A buddy recommend I look at Borka.

Essentially there are two components to it: variable wrench (20-70 inch/lbs....if I'm remembering correctly) and fixed-amount torque limiters.

You can log into their site and pick what you need.

For Vortex & Nightforce scope turrets they offer the limiters in 4inch/bl and 8inch/lbs.

Then they have limiters in 85 and 100 inch/lb for Nightforce and other stout rings/bases. They have other incremental levels, too.

The variable works off a fulcrum principle. There are marks on it that you anchor down the pivot point. The marks create varying lengths which provide the leverage against the torque limiter.....giving the range of adjustment.

The various YouTube videos show it really well.

Depending on which unit you buy it might come in the Maxpedition bag that works really well. They load it with a ratchet kit and a pile of bits. There are some other useful things in the kit.

My first time using it was when installing an RMR on a pistola. Worked really well.

Super easy...no problem. I would have most likely gone too tight otherwise.

Have a couple scopes to mount next to really get into it.