GON Trappin' Scoreboard...Post your totals, and describe your season!!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
We have a good group working here, and I have enjoyed this trappin' season with y'all! From all the posts it seems to have been a good one!!

Between rain and covid, my season has been a disappointment, I had big plans that just didn't work out.

I never had any more than six traps brewing, and along the way I did catch a few critters.

If memory serves I ended up with:

3 foxes
3 possums
2 coons
1 coyote
1 guinea

I'm gonna call my second season a limited success, and hope for better next year.

I might try some more later on, but for now I am done, unless I start getting run over by coyotes.

@Mike81, you killed it man, congrats on a good rookie season!

The rest of y'all...Well, y'all are the ones that help us rookies along.

So... What'd errbody get???

Mike81

We have a good group working here, and I have enjoyed this trappin' season with y'all! From all the posts it seems to have been a good one!!

Between rain and covid, my season has been a disappointment, I had big plans that just didn't work out.

I never had any more than six traps brewing, and along the way I did catch a few critters.

If memory serves I ended up with:

3 foxes
3 possums
2 coons
1 coyote
1 guinea

I'm gonna call my second season a limited success, and hope for better next year.

I might try some more later on, but for now I am done, unless I start getting run over by coyotes.

@Mike81, you killed it man, congrats on a good rookie season!

The rest of y'all...Well, y'all are the ones that help us rookies along.

So... What'd errbody get???
thank you Railroader. I have had a ball. The anticipation checking traps every morning makes me feel like a kid again.

dfurdennis

Season 2 so far has me at
1 coyote
2 bobcat
1 raccoon
9 possum
Needless to say not the second season I had hoped for but there is a little time left so I'm hopeful for a good closing out. Thanks for all the tips....I starting catching the cats after I made a few changes. The tips from the experienced guys really helps us beginners out, it is much appreciated

So far-

2 Red Foxes
6 Possums
7 Trash Pandas
1 Coyote
1 Skunk

Season isn't over yet. I'm still plugging away at them.

I do feel like a learned a lot this year with the help of a lot of people on this forum. Thanks for that help everyone.

If I save just 1 turkey or 1 fawn I feel that it was 100% worth it.

Last edited:

fatback

So far this season
1 coyote
1 bobcat
1 grey fox
9 coons
19 possums.

I’ve had traps set since January 22nd. Been slow the last 2 nights with zero catches. Gonna leave them until Thursday and pull them. Sorta slow on the canines and cats but feel good about the nest predators I’ve been able to take. I’m not sure why the other catches are down this season. I have trapped this property for 6 years now and have typically done much better with the cats and canines. I have enjoyed it as always. About time to start catching a few fish before chasing turkeys. Congrats to everybody on what seems to be quite a few successful trapping seasons for folks. Keep after em.

fatback

And to be clear, I’ve got a LONG WAY to go before being mentioned with the more accomplished trappers on this forum like Doug B

Doug B.

So far this season
1 coyote
1 bobcat
1 grey fox
9 coons
19 possums.

I’ve had traps set since January 22nd. Been slow the last 2 nights with zero catches. Gonna leave them until Thursday and pull them. Sorta slow on the canines and cats but feel good about the nest predators I’ve been able to take. I’m not sure why the other catches are down this season. I have trapped this property for 6 years now and have typically done much better with the cats and canines. I have enjoyed it as always. About time to start catching a few fish before chasing turkeys. Congrats to everybody on what seems to be quite a few successful trapping seasons for folks. Keep after em.
Great job! Seems like bright nights bring fewer catches too!
And to be clear, I’ve got a LONG WAY to go before being mentioned with the more accomplished trappers on this forum like Doug B
That is definitely not true!!!! I am for sure the worst trapper on this forum. I do love it though and I love seeing everybody's catches and everybody's input. I try to really pay attention to what everyone here says cause I learn so much from all of you!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Great job! Seems like bright nights bring fewer catches too!

That is definitely not true!!!! I am for sure the worst trapper on this forum. I do love it though and I love seeing everybody's catches and everybody's input. I try to really pay attention to what everyone here says cause I learn so much from all of you!

Well, count em up Doug!!

You too, @canine933!!

buckpasser

So far:

3 coyotes
3 bobcats
4 grey foxes (all released)
12 beavers (one in a snare finally)
6 possums
5 coons
2 buzzards
2 accidental otters

I’m about to finish strong on the coons and possums (I hope)!