Grounds for divorce?

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
At least she hasn't proclaimed that "Wham" has always been her favotire band. I think you have a chance to salvage this.

specialk

can't believe she hid that from you...

Tight Lines

Crazy.

My wife doesn't like Rush, Iron Maiden, or any of my other hair metal bands...

I don't care for Prince (though he was a super accomplished musician) or Yacht Rock...

So we're good. We call it separation of Rock and Pop in our house...

:)

Baroque Brass

Yep that's grounds, she's going against the wind.
I’m just devastated. She might as well have told me she doesn’t like grits and eggs or Dawgs football. I thought I knew this woman.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
There’s just certain things a man can’t tolerate. I‘m afraid your past the tipping point. Where this is going is clear.

bullgator

After forty three years of marriage, I just learned that my wife doesn’t like the song Night Moves by Bob Seger. If I’d known that, I wouldn’t have married her to start with!
Most folks don’t even realize what he did with the masterful double meanings of the lyrics. When I explain it to people they like the song even more.
Maybe not divorce, …..but at least double-secret probation.

Baroque Brass

Most folks don’t even realize what he did with the masterful double meanings of the lyrics. When I explain it to people they like the song even more.
Maybe not divorce, …..but at least double-secret probation.
Interesting. What’s your take on the lyrics? I’m like most, with the lyrics being nostalgic and invoking lots of memories.

Baroque Brass

At least she hasn't proclaimed that "Wham" has always been her favotire band. I think you have a chance to salvage this.
Or Barry Manilow. I was talking to some friends one day and she proudly proclaimed that she and her husband met at a Manilow concert. I looked at him and said, man, I know you love your wife but there’s just some things she shouldn’t be allowed to talk about in public. He thought it was funnier than she did.

Last edited:

bullgator

Interesting. What’s your take on the lyrics? I’m like most, with the lyrics being nostalgic and invoking lots of memories.
Listen to it again. When he refers to seasons, he isn’t just talking about the time of year but also stages of life. Summertime being the prime and Autumn being perhaps middle age reflecting back.
Lightning refers to sex, but thunder can be both, a storm and the sudden emotional feeling towards that girl that was absent when they were together. “Felt the lightning (sex), waited on the thunder (emotion, love?)”…..”woke last night to the sound of thunder, how far off I sat and wondered”. He woke up thinking of this girl from his past.
Even Night Moves has two meanings. It refers to his best moves on a girl, and how strange it is that he wakes up years later with her on his mind.