Hate to see it...

James12

I said last week, that was final nail in the coffin for the ACC. The article says the SEC prefers UVA and UNC. Let’s get a couple more Vandys! They should just take FSU and CLEM in that case right?

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Why would the SEC want Florida State? They don’t bring anything to the table. Their viewership is tiny so it’s not like they bring a bunch more eyeballs like Texas and Oklahoma. It’s not like they’re some juggernaut that the SEC needs to give them credibility. And ESPN is already getting Florida State for one price. Why would they renegotiate and pay more with them being part of the SEC? They won’t. People will howl and hiss and spit and say nasty things about me saying all that but it’s just the simple truth. It might hurt but if it does that must mean it should.

Virginia I don’t get. NC makes sense. That’s a big TV market and having their basketball games to broadcast and the money that would bring makes them a draw. Clemson has always seemed more like an SEC team to me but I bet that does t happen either.

ClemsonRangers

"Florida State, along with other schools in the ACC, has studied the contract language in the grant of rights for more a year."

:oops:

James12

Makes one wonder if the CFP decision not only expedited the exits, but could it also have helped those exiting in their legal matters with the ACC….?

lampern

Makes one wonder if the CFP decision not only expedited the exits, but could it also have helped those exiting in their legal matters with the ACC….?

It basically ended major college football under the NCAA

Its just a matter of time.

MudDucker

Staff member
I don't have a problem with FSU to the SEC, unlike Oklahoma, they are actually in the SE US. I don't think we should have crossed the Mississippi.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I agree Muddy but that would mean Missouri, Arkansas and LSWho would need to depart. I myself don’t like these super conferences but I’m an old fella and wish the old conferences still remained. The greed for money has ruin a once great sport.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
I don't have a problem with FSU to the SEC, unlike Oklahoma, they are actually in the SE US. I don't think we should have crossed the Mississippi.
How did we shift to the SEC as the destination spot in the discussion? All of the referenced material is about a B1G landing spot. A much better one.....

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
How did we shift to the SEC as the destination spot in the discussion? All of the referenced material is about a B1G landing spot. A much better one.....
Get the twelfth James to flesh it out for ya.

ClemsonRangers

could cost half a billion for a team to leave, better start passing the hat

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Why would the SEC want Florida State? They don’t bring anything to the table. Their viewership is tiny so it’s not like they bring a bunch more eyeballs like Texas and Oklahoma.

I bet it's more than Vandy. :wink:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member