Howa Mini

B. White

I've seen several posts here with folks fixin em up. Does anyone know for sure if they take the same scope bases as a Rem. 700? I have seen that online, but have also seen a lot of bad info online this. I'm looking to pick one up in 6.5G and sell a couple of things I don't shoot much. I hope to be able to swap a Leupold from a Sportsman 78, which I think has the same screw pattern as the 700.

Dub

I may have missed it…..but didn’t see it in their listing or owners manual.

B. White

I may have missed it…..but didn’t see it in their listing or owners manual.

Thanks. I saw some bases advertised specifically for it, so I figure most will try and keep quite on interchangeability and make extra off of something to fill a newer niche. Worst case, I'll wait until I have it in hand and try it. The biggest struggle if it doesn't work will be waiting for new ones before I pull the trigger.

Reactions: Dub

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
These are the rings that most folks use...

Screenshot_20231022-205326.png

Other rings/bases will work as far as the screw holes go, but will hang out over the action, and with the mini there is no room to spare.

I highly suggest the Talley's, they make a VERY clean install.

menhadenman

I've seen several posts here with folks fixin em up. Does anyone know for sure if they take the same scope bases as a Rem. 700? I have seen that online, but have also seen a lot of bad info online this. I'm looking to pick one up in 6.5G and sell a couple of things I don't shoot much. I hope to be able to swap a Leupold from a Sportsman 78, which I think has the same screw pattern as the 700.

Legacy often sells them with rings and a scope from some European company. The scope that came with mine quickly moved to an old pellet gun. But I kept the rings and they’ve worked well. I have a SWFA ultralight on there and shoot it suppressed with handloads. Kids love it but I’m kinda fond of it too. One huge hog (9 year old son) and a button buck (11 year old daughter) both died quickly with 120 class bullets inside of 50 yards.

It’s a sweet rifle but I have to admit that the action is subpar compared to other rifles we’ve bought in recent years. Nothing wrong with it just not nearly as smooth.

Reactions: Dub