Hunter harassment

Josh B

I have this jerk that when he sees my truck he lays on the horn driving down the road. I hunt land close to his property. We are separated by a 4 acre piece of land owned by someone else. Bad thing he is ex DEA. Think he would know it’s illegal and be a better citizen. I thought about putting a trail camera on video and place it on my truck just to have evidence but I have better things to do than fight with an idiot.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Call the game warden. End of story.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Do you know he only honks when your vehicle is there?

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Probably a reason he's ex DEA unless he retired

Bob2010

I have this jerk that when he sees my truck he lays on the horn driving down the road. I hunt land close to his property. We are separated by a 4 acre piece of land owned by someone else. Bad thing he is ex DEA. Think he would know it’s illegal and be a better citizen. I thought about putting a trail camera on video and place it on my truck just to have evidence but I have better things to do than fight with an idiot.
I have the same problem with one of my nieghbors. Cameras have solved the problem. They blast music and yell out the windows. I think they are drunk half the time. Either way, I confronted him a few times and he said " It's a public road, we can do what we want too". I agreed. Now no one farts without me knowing about it. I can tell you when they come and when they go. All on camera. Thankfully it worked. I was about to put Cameras at every gate across from thiers. That's what the warden will reccomend too. Oh yeah, make sure you have cameras in the open and others hidden. That way if they shoot your camera you can go ahead and prove it. Press charges!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I hunt some public land that I have to park beside the road . I get a laugh every time I hear one of the Karen’s honking the horn . Doesn’t hurt a thing
I’m always parking alongside thoroughfares so Ive heard the Karens many a times myself. I’d be ok with them driving in the ditch and no one surviving the crash……I’d chuckle quite frankly.
Unless you find deer so far out they’ve never seen a machine or person, I don’t think they bother much with the noise.

buckpasser

Maybe it’s a “good luck” honk. Or a “go get him!” honk. Either way, just let it roll off is my advice. I doubt it really effects your hunt unless it’s a tiny spot very close to the road.

transfixer

Yeah, I'd probably get a magnetic sign printed " honk if you love to deer hunt !" and stick it on the side of my truck every time I parked there, and I'd have a couple cameras, one visible and one hidden, those magnetic signs aren't too expensive, and I believe you can order them online ,

I like to teach people like that they can't just do whatever with no repercussions, you want to mess with me ? fine , but keep in mind I mess back ! with interest ! and I pretty much don't have any limits

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Watched a video of a woman that did that to guys goose hunting and actually pushed the birds over their blind and they crushed half the flock. She later got a ticket for hunter harassment