Hunter harassment

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
A place I have hunted for over 35 years has some honking by some drivers. I got the opportunity to ask a driver about it one day.

He confirmed my suspicions about the honk. Turns out that this spot is a favorite road crossing for deer. They honk to help avoid hitting deer there.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Watched a video of a woman that did that to guys goose hunting and actually pushed the birds over their blind and they crushed half the flock. She later got a ticket for hunter harassment
Sounds like the game warden could get her for hunting without a license since she was aiding the hunt by driving the ducks to the guns. Bet she didn’t have a duck stamp either. Those could be federal raps so she loses her car too.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Sounds like the game warden could get her for hunting without a license since she was aiding the hunt by driving the ducks to the guns. Bet she didn’t have a duck stamp either. Those could be federal raps so she loses her car too.
Rallying birds, but she was parked blowing the horn, guess it didn't fall in under power or sail to fit. Plus the evil mind and act conditions were not met, she thought she was running them off :rofl:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Either Rallying them or running them off would be against the law. Then we have the whole disturbing or harassment of wildlife thing. LOL
In Georgka we mustn't disturb the deer we kill.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
You can run them off or move them by walking, paddling,etc, here. Left a buddy in the blind, paddled my kayak around, a guy called the GW on us, he showed up, saw we were in kayaks, no motor, he gave the guy a lesson on the regs after driving across the county

jNick

oh lawd...the way the world is today you would hear steady honking if you did that wouldnt you!! lol... those terrorist that said back in the 50's or 60's they was gonna feminize us and capture us from within knew what they were doing

Lol, good point sir!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I don't usually let them know what is about to happen
Same here. They are much more cooperative if you keep it on the down low. :bounce:

turkeykirk

Get you an Ahooga horn and drive by his place. :rofl:

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
It seems we have a lot of members worse than the person reported in the OP. :huh: :huh:

Would y’all really do that stuff or just trying to “one up” other responses ?

transfixer

It seems we have a lot of members worse than the person reported in the OP. :huh: :huh:

Would y’all really do that stuff or just trying to “one up” other responses ?

Don't know about others ? but I definitely would do what I said earlier ! I believe in teaching life lessons to people like the person harassing , if no one does they just continue to go through life being a jerk

Big7

The Oracle
A place I have hunted for over 35 years has some honking by some drivers. I got the opportunity to ask a driver about it one day.

He confirmed my suspicions about the honk. Turns out that this spot is a favorite road crossing for deer. They honk to help avoid hitting deer there.
That's one of the dumbest things I've heard of lately.

Why not just slow down a little bit? :huh: