I have NEVER had a pair of this brand of boots...

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
...that did not do something like this.
And I bet you'll know what brand i'm talking about.
Threw these on to wade across a creek right beside the truck and swap back to my hikers yesterday. Didn't wear them but about fifty yards and both of the soles fell off. They were more than a couple years old but very very lightly used. I guess I could have used shoe goo on them like all the other pairs but I only found one sole.

20230814_083556.jpg

Done with all from that brand... There was some good looking ones on the shelf right beside their replacement I bought this afternoon.... skipped right over them.
Rant over.

20230814_165732.jpg

Duff

Those and UA hunting boots are terrible.

Waddams

i have a set of redheads from bass pro that ive put thru 7 years of severe abuse and they've held up and stayed waterproof well. not sure where they stack up against the competition and i get the feeling from word around the campfire I'm on borrowed time wih them but i consider myself to have got my money's worth at this point.

Gator89

i have a set of redheads from bass pro that ive put thru 7 years of severe abuse and they've held up and stayed waterproof well. not sure where they stack up against the competition and i get the feeling from word around the campfire I'm on borrowed time wih them but i consider myself to have got my money's worth at this point.

I bought some redhead snake boots last year, dang things tried to rub a corn on my left foot.

I have LaCrosse Burly boots I have worn for years. Never had a sole seperate.

ASH556

Got a pair of Lacrosse Aerohead Snakeboots last season. My new favorite for sure!

Buckstop

I've had good luck with Lacrosse Alpha's. Also about 3 years into a pair of Irish Setter pull on snake boots that are holding up well.

Oldstick

Is Lacrosse the "bad" brand in question or some other? I know mine have held up for many years but I am not exactly a heavy duty user of that type of knee high boots.

Blackston

Threw these on to wade across a creek right beside the truck and swap back to my hikers yesterday. Didn't wear them but about fifty yards and both of the soles fell off. They were more than a couple years old but very very lightly used. I guess I could have used shoe goo on them like all the other pairs but I only found one sole.

View attachment 1247436

Done with all from that brand... There was some good looking ones on the shelf right beside their replacement I bought this afternoon.... skipped right over them.
Rant over.

View attachment 1247437
I got 3 years outta the tops of mine , the bottoms are still kickin !!! They my new favorites !!! …. I replaced em and cut em off same day ( Ain’t even worn the new ones !!!) 96953282-BD47-4A3B-8452-3C7021B5DA64.png

Oldstick

No water or snakes getting through this much kevlar, but they sure aren't much fun to hike any distance in.

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    222.8 KB · Views: 80

sleepr71

I had the exact same thing happen to a pair several years ago. They were only 2 years old,and only worn during hunting season. Shame..they were comfortable..but they lost me with that nonsense.!

earlthegoat2

Got a pair of Lacrosse Aerohead Snakeboots last season. My new favorite for sure!

I have those too. Had them since 2018. Tromped all over Ft Stewart with them for a few years and then started hunting middle GA on dry land. Still use them even though they have a crack in both of them so they are not waterproof anymore. Not a big deal since I only use them in uplands now.

I have heard they have a spotty reputation for longevity but I am happy.

crucible02

Best decision I made was to start wearing Lacrosse Grange originals. Comfortable, hold up to abuse and cost me $80. If it’s cold, I’ll switch to some insulated leather boots but most of the season, the Grange are on my feet.

Big7

The Oracle

View attachment 1247436

Rant over.

View attachment 1247437
What kind of boots were the ones the sole fell off?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
As good a boot as I have ever worn is the original LL Bean Maine Hunting Shoe, in 12 inch height. In cold weather I wear Merino wool socks with those boots and stay warm. When you`re slipping in the woods you can feel almost everything through the soles of this boot and you can really walk quietly. Kind of old fashioned, but they sure perform well.