I have NEVER had a pair of this brand of boots...

Southbow

I have a pair of Le Chameau boots that I inherited from my dad when he passed. Zip up the side. I probably have 5 years on them and I hunt hogs 9 months of the year and walk ALOT! LaCrosse Alphas last me 2 years at most.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
A wealth of knowledge gets hidden away though Nic. Maybe you should write a book about your adventures. If not for the general public then I'm sure your family would enjoy reading it.

Thank you for your kind words, Sir. :cheers:

Jim Boyd

I’ve got Mucks, LaCrosse and Cabela’s.

All are good.

I wear rubber boots all the way down to single digit temps (Illinois) and my feet are never cold.

I generally wear nothing but rubber boots (or flip flops / crocs etc) when deer hunting.

Maybe my old tennis shoes occasionally.

Longhunter89

Last set of rubber snake boots I bought was a set of alpha burlys 4x. I used them hard for a year hunting wmas. Deer turkeys, hogs, and small game in river swamps. Well the lasted from one turkey season to the next before they developed a Crack in both boots on the side where your foot bends, I was kinda aggravating by it cause I had paid 160 bucks for those boots and they didn't quite make it through the a full year of use. I looked up lacrosse boots warranty and come to find out it was a 1 year warranty and mine had went out by two weeks. I decided to email them and explaining what happened. They was very understanding, even asked what I thought about the 4x burly. I told them while I liked the boots and the are comfortable they are incredibly heavy for long hikes in the swamp. He ask me if he could send me a pair of boots based on my needs instead of the burly. I said sure, next thing I know I had a brand new pair of areolight snake boots at my door. Within a week of time.

Point of all this is lacrosse honored a expired warranty-which they didn't have to do. And bent over backwards to help me. Even if the boots should have lasted longer the customer service was first class. their boot will be on my feet for a long time.....

Jim Boyd

Last set of rubber snake boots I bought was a set of alpha burlys 4x. I used them hard for a year hunting wmas. Deer turkeys, hogs, and small game in river swamps. Well the lasted from one turkey season to the next before they developed a Crack in both boots on the side where your foot bends, I was kinda aggravating by it cause I had paid 160 bucks for those boots and they didn't quite make it through the a full year of use. I looked up lacrosse boots warranty and come to find out it was a 1 year warranty and mine had went out by two weeks. I decided to email them and explaining what happened. They was very understanding, even asked what I thought about the 4x burly. I told them while I liked the boots and the are comfortable they are incredibly heavy for long hikes in the swamp. He ask me if he could send me a pair of boots based on my needs instead of the burly. I said sure, next thing I know I had a brand new pair of areolight snake boots at my door. Within a week of time.

Point of all this is lacrosse honored a expired warranty-which they didn't have to do. And bent over backwards to help me. Even if the boots should have lasted longer the customer service was first class. their boot will be on my feet for a long time.....

Well said and a good outcome.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
This thread is a good example of why I wear LL Bean and Chippewa boots.