illinois from the tree!

Redneck Maguiver

Good Luck Guys we'll all be a watchin :pop: I'll keep an eye On that Big ole 10 pt. here for ya :fine:

j_seph

Did ya'll hear.................................Jim forgot his boots!

Look out for those nude feet photos

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Its that time again. We are rolling through TN right now. Should be there around lunch and maybe just maybe in a tree this eve although its raining up there right now.

This year me, bubbabuck and May are joined by qturn and later in the week jeff phillips and redtail. We are here bow hunting till next friday and then 3 days of smokepoles!

The weather and the rut should be PERFECT!!! Calling for 20's and 40's everyday and the bucks are chasing right now!

Keep checking back here and we will give updates in real time straight from the tree. Later

Jim,
You're killing me:whip: Why don't you just rub it in?:whip: Guess what I'm doing this weekend? Thanks to my wife, I'm putting together a house for the cats to live in on the deck.:mad:

sman

i love this thread, when does it start JT?

zman

good luck bubba and jt. kill a biggun. hey bubba you still got jim's dollar from last year.lol

Lead Poison

Put that muzzleloader barrel to good use and kill a BIG ONE Jim!

Above all, be safe brother! :clap:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
well for the first time in possibly the history of man we have decided to not go out until after the rain moves through. everyone is asleep now except me...man sure would be nice if I could sleep:D

was pouring this AM and the wind is LITERALLY 30+ mph

that just dont work for archery.

either way we will get at it about 9AM which is when it looks like the rain will move out. wind will be with us for the day though.

see yall after light, I gotta fix my 10th cup of coffee

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
yep same place as several years now...btw when this wind and rain leaves today the temps will be 20s and 40s and light breeze (yeah righ:D) the rest of the time we are here!

we rode around at dark last night and didnt see hundreds like normal, but did see some very very fine deer including a mid 140's 8 with a doe and then several bucks over 125-130 in one field with does AND a massive massive massive beast that never stepped out to give a good look

Luv2Bowhnt

Hey jim,
I'm leaving tomorrow morning for gallatin co and i cant wait to get up there. Do y'all go thru marion ky and take ferry across the ohio? Thats generally the way i go. Glad to hear the rain should be moving out today. It ought to be good mid morning when y'all go to the stand. Anyway, Good luck and save one of those gallatin co monsters for me. Wishing y'all safe and successful hunting!!

BPR

Just a thought, but it might be those 10 cups of cofee keeping you up. Just an idea.

Good luck this morning. Keep us posted.

It was 70 here this morning.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Hey jim,
I'm leaving tomorrow morning for gallatin co and i cant wait to get up there. Do y'all go thru marion ky and take ferry across the ohio? Thats generally the way i go. Glad to hear the rain should be moving out today. It ought to be good mid morning when y'all go to the stand. Anyway, Good luck and save one of those gallatin co monsters for me. Wishing y'all safe and successful hunting!!

no, we come through evansville on 62 straight through to gallatin...50 cent toll bridge

Just a thought, but it might be those 10 cups of cofee keeping you up. Just an idea.

Good luck this morning. Keep us posted.

It was 70 here this morning.

I dont sleep much with or without the coffee:D

rain is still on top of us, wind still 20-30. gotta wait on the rain to lay and then guess we will head to a tree....in a deep deep hole:D

Redneck Maguiver

Man, after that much coffee, are you even gonna be able to sit in a stand for long??

Get one a big one JT.

( Raining here too, should be gone about noon )

dutchman

Windy down here, too, JT. Good luck on your trip!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
rain is still here and wind is not supposed to go anywhere. we will get at it as soon as the rain stops

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Have I mentioned how much I love IL?

Rain is gone wind is howling but Im in a hole that is keeping it down. Sitting in a 20ft ladder in a brush choked ravine called lil texas. Have been in for maybe 15 mins when 4 does slipped by. Then a very tall 120 2yr old 8 came by@ 25 yrds! I played with hiom. Few minutes with the can and am now settled in fior the ee. Will check in as I can.

Hunter Haven

Kill a dad gum big nasty giant jim!!

Just do it!!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Another doe n a baby buck. Qturn nothing yet. Bubba has an 8 abnd 2 does under him. The trails and rubs I cqan see are amazing!

Had to leave my cam for threat of more rain:( so no good pics so far