I'm Curious...

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
We eat around 6:30-7:00. Usually start cooking when we get home bout 5:45-6:00. I’m in bed by 8:30-9:00 every night.

That`s why when I was still on the workforce, I liked the old original time (the one we`re on now) and so strongly dislike the new time the government started. Now that I don`t pay much attention to a time piece, it`s not so terribly important any more.

But 9 PM and the sun still out ain`t natural.

stringmusic

That`s why when I was still on the workforce, I liked the old original time (the one we`re on now) and so strongly dislike the new time the government started. Now that I don`t pay much attention to a time piece, it`s not so terribly important any more.

But 9 PM and the sun still out ain`t natural.
I agree. I believe Illinois and South Carolina are doing away with daylight savings when the time changes in March. I hope Georgia will do the same.

Not having to pay attention to what day it is or look at a clock much is a gift from the good Lord.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
8:30, mainly because of my work schedule. When I’m off, usually around 8

shdw633

Sometime around 7 - 7:30

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Between six and seven usually. But it’s not like it’s chiseled in stone.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I agree. I believe Illinois and South Carolina are doing away with daylight savings when the time changes in March. I hope Georgia will do the same.

Not having to pay attention to what day it is or look at a clock much is a gift from the good Lord.
Agree. There are folks who would scream like a panther if Georgia did away with daylight savings time but I would love it. If nothing else it seems like we could split the difference and just leave it alone.

Mattval

1730-1800 Rt around that. I don't sleep well on a full stomach.

Mauser

Any time between 7 and 11 here. I wish they would do away with dst as well. Just means longer to work in the afternoon

Dr. Strangelove

Any time between 7 and 11 here. I wish they would do away with dst as well. Just means longer to work in the afternoon

Same here. As I kid, we ate at 6pm, got used to eating at 8pm with the European ex-wife, now anywhere between 7pm and 11pm. Depends on when we get home.

Bream Pole

7-9

Sixes

545-645 if I am at home.

If I am on evening shift at work, I eat between 6 and 630 (we have a grill and a full kitchen)

The only exception is during deer season and then by the time we hunt, socialize over cocktails and cook, it is usually 930 or later.

Before the time changes in the fall, a lot of times at camp, we will eat supper early (230-3) and then drink beer and just snack after the evening hunt.

Same in turkey season, I will usually eat around 4 if I'm hunting that evening and hunt after supper

pop pop jones

Being home all day and night sure changes your life. I used to get up at 3AM and didn't eat breakfast.Drove to work and would eat when I got a chance. Worked from 5AM till 5 PM and drove home. My wife would have me something to eat when I got home around 6:30 or 7. Now I get up when I wake up, eat brunch cause breakfast is well passed. Piddle around and when we get hungry we eat. When we get sleepy we go to bed. It's a hard life to live but we try not to complain.

TurkeyH90

About 12 years ago, I was installing our gear around the country and found myself in St. Louis near my aunt and uncle. My uncle worked nights running maintenance of a certain skrool dikstict, but at night (second retirement after retiring form the Air Force). My aunt is an older Guinea and I decided to stay with her for the duration of my two month's in the Lou. I came home from work for a few nights around 630 and she had me a three course meal cooked- While I was eating, she would start me a shower with Vic's Sav thingy's in there. When I got out of the shower, she would have me a glass of Scotch waiting and a Melatonin pill ready. While I was drinking the Scotch, she would go into the spare bedroom and spray Lavender on my pillow.

Four days later, I told her I had to go to California and went and stayed in the local Fairfield Inn.

I get it, she is from a different generation and culture, but I just could not do that everyday. I am a roamer!
Wow. Do they take on tenants?