Is a mineral block or salt block considered bait?

i was considering putting a mineral block within shooting range of my stand. Is this a violation of the baiting law??

aztecrider

It would be considered baiting.

Bill Brown

If it is visable, some of the liquids do not leave a residue. Wait until after the season and dig a hole to mix it with some of the dirt.

timgarside

Yes it is.

snookdoctor

It is legal.
Actually, deer realize that turkey are very aware of their surroundings, and are good at perceiving danger.
Often when deer see turkey, they tend to let their guard down a bit and feed without their usual paranoia.

snookdoctor

No. You can't ask about using turkey decoys for turkey hunting on the deer hunting forum. You have to go to the turkey hunting forum. That is where turkey hunting/ baiting/decoy issues are discussed.

fishingtiger

Can you use Deer Decoys for turkey hunting?? just kidding. Not sure how a mineral block question turned into a decoy question.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Yes, it is baiting.

If you want to use a mineral lick, do a search on this forum for "salt lick" or "mineral lick" to find out how to do it legally.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Everything is baiting it seems, but look at all the products on the market luring people in.

THWACKG5

Can you use Deer Decoys for turkey hunting?? just kidding. Not sure how a mineral block question turned into a decoy question.

HAHA Thats what i was thinking....it did make me chuckle though!!!

Then snook doc gettin all serious....laying down the law!! :rofl::rofl: :whip:

snookdoctor

HAHA Thats what i was thinking....it did make me chuckle though!!!

Then snook doc gettin all serious....laying down the law!! :rofl::rofl: :whip:

Nah. Just seeing if he would believe it.
There's no turkey hunting forum around here.

In SC, salt block and mineral licks are legal, corn is not in the upsate but down state you can run dogs and use corn. Go figure, same state, 2 different sets of game laws. Check out the SC DNR rules and regulations website.

Bob