IV Bars

Lukikus2

I see they are a real thing now. I have always been a big believer that two IV’’s a year would keep dehydration down.

Just wondering if anyone has used them and know the cost, cleanliness and good phlebotomist.

sinclair1

I guess we are running out of Vices to spend our money on? I remember the Oxygen bars that popped up in Buckhead 20 years ago. They never really took off either.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I see they are a real thing now. I have always been a big believer that two IV’’s a year would keep dehydration down.

Just wondering if anyone has used them and know the cost, cleanliness and good phlebotomist.
Or, just drink more water.

You should drink half your weight in ounces of water, daily.

You weigh 200 lbs, you should drink 100 oz of water each day.

about 10-12 glasses of water.

Beer and coffee don't count towards your total!

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
An IV set can be had from most Vets. If you don't mind sporting a bulge of liquid under the skin for a while you can do it yourself subcutaneously and not need to find a vein. LOL

dwhee87

I used this stuff when I went out west for my elk hunt. One pack in the morning when I got up, and another at night before bed, to fight off altitude effects. Must've worked, as I experienced none.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I used this stuff when I went out west for my elk hunt. One pack in the morning when I got up, and another at night before bed, to fight off altitude effects. Must've worked, as I experienced none.
wonder if it would help with jet lag when taking a long plane ride?

georgia_home

several iv bars around this area.

the clientele is the overindulging tourists that want to go again TODAY. never tried it.

for those high altitude trips, Amazon and many drug stores have canned air, with a little extra oxygen. A little face mask and huff some as you go. At least can air ain’t heavy, and it did help a bit recharging on the climb up the mountain.

hopper

Or, just drink more water.

You should drink half your weight in ounces of water, daily.

You weigh 200 lbs, you should drink 100 oz of water each day.

about 10-12 glasses of water.

Beer and coffee don't count towards your total!
I think coffee counts

pjciii

I find them intriguing. One here in Franklin, NC and one in Highlands, NC. Unless you get a whacko it sounds reasonable. I think the add in some vitamins also. Hope some others with first hand knowledge speak up about it. Sounds like it certainly didn't hurt @dwhee87 on his high altitude elk hunt. I would worry about cramping up.

dwhee87

I find them intriguing. One here in Franklin, NC and one in Highlands, NC. Unless you get a whacko it sounds reasonable. I think the add in some vitamins also. Hope some others with first hand knowledge speak up about it. Sounds like it certainly didn't hurt @dwhee87 on his high altitude elk hunt. I would worry about cramping up.
I used the liquid IV, which is a powder you pour into a bottle of water, not an "IV Bar", for clarification.

Dr. Strangelove

There's couple here in Athens, popular with the greek crowd to kill those pesky hangovers. $200+, I've never tried it.

I guess if you're immature enough to get completely hammered before a crucial life event, it's probably worth it. We just used to suffer through, lol,

ryanh487

Buy "no salt" salt substitute. It's potassium chloride. Mix a half teaspoon of that with a half a teaspoon of regular table salt, eat it and chase with water. Take a 500 mg dose of magnesium. Drink at least 1 oz of water per 2 lbs of body weight daily. You'll stay plenty hydrated.

TJay

I have some of the Liquid IV and use it occaisionally. That and Body Armor. The thing about staying hydrated is to start before you ever walk out the door. If you wait til you're out there sweating and exerting yourself and start chugging water and other stuff you are already behind. If you know you're going to be active in hot weather conditions start hydrating before you walk out the door.
And know your limits.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
The sugar free Propel packets are good. I dilute them into more water than just one bottle though. I usually dilute sugar free Gatorade and Powerade into at least 2 to 1 water also.

Latest posts