Kirby Smart Highest Paid CFB Coach

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Kirby is a good coach, very deserving.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Ol James is about to have a hissy! He’s our new Throwback!!

Sucks to be FSU losers!

63F19951-F268-4BFF-BAAF-B2CB1203B292.png

Browning Slayer

He'd better win the national championship every year from now on............
Or you can “Google” his games and winning record. What football team do you follow?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So what ya gonna do if he doesn’t?

Start another stupid thread that no one responds too?

Go away!
Troll!

Attachments

• 5DB0BB65-0148-4844-9397-8483FD78CAA1.png
    5DB0BB65-0148-4844-9397-8483FD78CAA1.png
    453.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
For perspective, Kirby was making about the same as Saban. They are head to head competitors so I think it appropriate. Coach Deboer makes the same, about 11.5, with a 250 K raise scheduled each year. When Deboer proves himself he’ll have no problem getting up there with Kirby. Have to prove yourself first.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
If The Kirbster is getting $13 mil/ year reckon how much the Dawgs are getting paid?

Browning Slayer

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
This is from 2021 so I imagine it's much more now but I think Kirby and the dawgs are worth the investment of 13 million.
The school took the added step of issuing a press release to explain that the school’s net profit was “closer to $13 million” than the $40 million rough math might imply.

It’s because the current capital expenditures and the athletic department’s contribution to the university are not included in the expense totals that the profit margin looks misleadingly high.

The Terry College of Business Accounting Department actually let them say that? :rolleyes:

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
The Terry College of Business Accounting Department actually let them say that? :rolleyes:
What matters is that the program more than pays for itself and a lot of infrastructure even after all the bills are paid.

Take special note of this which I thought was funny given the current WNBA climate.
Women’s basketball had the largest deficit between revenue and operations costs, more than $3 million, while baseball had a gap of nearly $2 million ($1.889).

Women's basketball can't pay for itself and baseball is in decline as a sport.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
What matters is that the program more than pays for itself and a lot of infrastructure even after all the bills are paid.

Yeah but still. That's almost unforgivable. Capital Expenditures are a balance sheet transaction, not income statement expenses. Even if they were going tax basis (which they aren't subject to tax but anyway) even Section 179 Election to Expense Recovery Property has it's limit.

So yeah, they made close to 49 mil and they spent a chunk of it on new buildings, durable equipment and stuff. It sounds a lot better when you say it that way because it's the truth.