Kirby Smart Highest Paid CFB Coach

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Yeah but still. That's almost unforgivable. Capital Expenditures are a balance sheet transaction, not income statement expenses. Even if they were going tax basis (which they aren't subject to tax but anyway) even Section 179 Election to Expense Recovery Property has it's limit.

So yeah, they made close to 49 mil and they spent a chunk of it on new buildings, durable equipment and stuff. It sounds a lot better when you say it that way because it's the truth.
I'll leave balance sheet criticisms to you because accounting 1 and 2 were nearly 35 years ago.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I'll leave balance sheet criticisms to you because accounting 1 and 2 were nearly 35 years ago.

This is accounting 101. Fixed Assets is a balance sheet classification. Always has been, always will be. Capital Expenditures is a fancy way of saying they bought some more fixed assets.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
This is accounting 101. Fixed Assets is a balance sheet classification. Always has been, always will be. Capital Expenditures is a fancy way of saying they bought some more fixed assets.
Man, that was so long ago that I can barely remember the class, who taught it, who the pretty college girls in it were, hardly anything important at all! :LOL:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Man, that was so long ago that I can barely remember the class, who taught it, who the pretty college girls in it were, hardly anything important at all! :LOL:

I only remember the names of 3 professors when I was there. The worst of the lot was Dr. Scott and it was my bad luck I drew him for Advanced Tax my last senior quarter.