Kits and kits. Not all are the same.

Darkhorse

The kits you get from Jim Chambers, Track of the Wolf and others are really a set of parts that must be fitted to a stock. Most of these will also need some fileing and polishing before they are ready to be fitted or finished.
The stock itself will require a lot of rasping, fileing and sanding. Also the mortices will need finish inletting with chisels in order for the parts to fit. Also you must drill all the holes, and tap a couple also. Depending on your skill level figure in the ballpark of 150 to 300 hours to finish your rifle.
Many start one of these kits but never finish it soon realizing it's beyond their ability. So be aware these kits are not easy to complete.
On the other hand are the Jim Kibler kits.
The stocks are finished on CNC machines to be as easy as possible for almost anyone to complete. Most, if not all, the holes are drilled for you. You simply assemble the parts and finish the wood. It's nearly that easy. A far cry from the other kits. Probably the best choice for most people but in the end you really haven't built a rifle. You've just put one together. Sorta like tinker toys.
But at least you will have a flintlock. One that's probably more period correct than the other type kit as Jim has done the research to ensure it is so.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Kibler is the route I chose to go. Don’t have the time to devote to a build.

Darkhorse

I have two problems with the Kibler rifle kits. The main one is personal, he does'nt offer a Lefthand version. Maybe never will.
He also has a small selection of rifles, 2 if memory serves me. But both of these are much closer to what the originals looked like. Track once had many more kits than they do now. I've heard they couldn't get the parts in a timely manner so they just stopped offering some rifles until the parts situation straightened out.
Even so I would build a Kibler if he offered a model I liked in a Lefthand version. I'm not sure my shoulders could handle all the file work in the other kits anymore. I am also curious about his locks. I would like to examine one on my own and make my own determination as to how good they are or could be with proper tuning.