Let's see some Jeeps!

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Coop you planning on doing anything to front differential?

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Coop you planning on doing anything to front differential?
Yep it will get 5.13 gears and a locker, this is a taking my time build. Gotta pay as I go,

8.8 Ford rear, locker and 5.13 gears, then the front. Eventually I will add an Atlas transfer case.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I was toying with the idea of regearing my Tacoma. Lots of people are doing that with their trucks. Suspension upgrades, dual battery setup, drive train upgrades and adding a turbocharger is on the wish list.

John Cooper

I was toying with the idea of regearing my Tacoma. Lots of people are doing that with their trucks. Suspension upgrades, dual battery setup, drive train upgrades and adding a turbocharger is on the wish list.
Sounds like a good plan!! My Jeep, if all goes well, is going to be my toy!!!

hopper

Swapped on the Mickey Thompson MTZ’s, yes they are louder than the Firestones but will be better for playing off road!!!! I have also been looking for and found a good deal in a Ford 8.8 inch rear end, will be picking it up this/next weekend and taking it to the guy who is gonna build it for my Jeep!!!!!

Here are the tires!!!!
View attachment 1114821View attachment 1114820
Why the 8.8 and not the Revalution Super 35 with locker??

John Cooper

Why the 8.8 and not the Revalution Super 35 with locker??
I have access to an 8.8 and according to the guy that's gonna build it for me, he has one in his TJ, 8.8 is stronger and right there with the 44. I should be able to be in it for less than the super 35 and way less than a 44.

I know it's not Blaine Johnson approved, but I don't plan on telling him either ha ha ha

And just found out tonight I might be able to pick up some Terra 50 front and rears with ARB's and possibly an Atlas Tcase. Maybe

hopper

I have access to an 8.8 and according to the guy that's gonna build it for me, he has one in his TJ, 8.8 is stronger and right there with the 44. I should be able to be in it for less than the super 35 and way less than a 44.

I know it's not Blaine Johnson approved, but I don't plan on telling him either ha ha ha

And just found out tonight I might be able to pick up some Terra 50 front and rears with ARB's and possibly an Atlas Tcase. Maybe
Sounds solid. Nothing wrong with the 8.8 just curious. I looked around for awhile and it was just quicker and easier to do the s35 and detroit locker. I would feel way better with an 8.8 locked than stock 35 so good score
Your Jeep is looking good. ?

John Cooper

Sounds solid. Nothing wrong with the 8.8 just curious. I looked around for awhile and it was just quicker and easier to do the s35 and detroit locker. I would feel way better with an 8.8 locked than stock 35 so good score
Your Jeep is looking good. ?
Thanks brother, I will let you know when we get ready to run Coppinger cove and you will have to ride up!!!

John Cooper

Well haven't done much lately, but I did put new U-Joints in the rear drive shaft, and put a new shifter knob on also. The old knob was a pool ball and was cross threaded, so went old school. 20211127_092357_copy_800x600.jpg

longbowdave1

All right Jeep brothers and sisters, anyone seen one of these Jeep Radios????? My brother gave it to me. Im guessing its fron the early 80s seeing as its got a cassette player and CD. I got to power it up and see if it still works.20211205_105630.jpg20211205_105657.jpg20211205_105747.jpg20211205_110205.jpg20211205_110443.jpg

Resica

John Cooper

John Cooper

Added a locking gas door to mine, someone has stolen my gas cap twice now. No gas stolen just the cap, it doesn't make sense, so I installed this to at least slow them down.
20211220_132355_copy_800x600.jpg