Live From The Tree .... Kentucky bow hunt....Bubbabuck and Ole May minus JT !!!

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Well its time folks !

JT had to back out , so May (Dad) and I are leaving out about 5am in the morning for a DIY hunt in Webster Co. KY on a 595 acre farm that we will have to ourselves for a 7 day bow hunt.
We leased it for the week from Brad Nelson ( K&N Outfitters) and have been on it a few times scouting the last few months. JT and I spent the day over there last monday and hung a couple stands for me and a couple ground blinds for dad.
It has only been hunted once this year by a friend of mine on the board and while they did not kill, they did see alot of deer and had nice bucks on TC !!
JT has promised he will ride over as often as possible to help move stands and sit with pops to film......The weather is gonna be much cooler than it has been and the moon is at its smallest all week !!!!1:cool::cool:

I will update as often as possible and text JT with up dates......we will begin hunting tomorrow evening with any luck......ya'll wish OL May all the luck.....he has never killed with a bow , and I feel sure this will be his last attempt at it !:(

This is the start of what should be 3 straight weeks of prime time KY, IL, and IN Whitetail Beast "FREAKSTUDASAURUS chasing !!!!

COME ON !!!!!!:cool::banana::banana:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I will do all I can to keep this going folks. Sorry I can't be in the tree hunting, but will be fun no matter.

Come on men!!!

Yall kill something!

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Thanks guys !!...Ryan, I'll keep you posted and shoot you pics of anything exciting !!

QTurn

Good luck Bubba and May!! I wanna see some antler in the cooler when I get there!!

13 days......

BornToHuntAndFish

Yep, my hunting partners backed out on hunting this w/e even with bucks chasing doe's going on everywhere in GA with lows this morning in the mid 30's & low 40's in middle GA & metro Atlanta. Saw where New Haven, IL hit a low of 30 degrees & still in the mid-30's right now. Whitetails ought to be moving well this morning. Saw Hope ya'll whack a monster, or anything that gets you all fired up. If ole May tries to back out of bowhunting, get him a crossbow like a good name lower priced Ten Point Wicked Ridge crossbows for $400-500 with wind up crank cockers in the Cabelas & Bass Pro catalogs. Hope the deer up there are cooperating & come in range to present ya'll with some shots at heavy headgear hosses. Look forward to any reports ya'll have time to offer.

Redneck Maguiver

Good luck guys, and may May have a buck of a lifetime enter into his sights.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Good luck guys, and may May have a buck of a lifetime enter into his sights.

Kim we are gonna do all we can to get him on one. The blinds we put up are in great spots and he has been shooting his crossbow a lot. Now all we nneed is for a beast to slip up. Hopefully i will get it all on film.

Talked to bubba a few mins ago and they were rollin close to ky.

Wont be long before they are jn the tree dancin a jig!

zman

I love these updates and hope yall kill a brute. But I really pullin for May. He deserves it more than anybody having to put up with bubbs and jt. Now how's a man supposed to do that n not have some good luck. Becareful n come may.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
they had to make a quick run to town to get a battery for May's crossbow scope. the red dot wouldnt come on.

just talked to bubba and he said the battery was the problem and the scope now works.

should be getting in a stand about now. will update if I can

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Ok they are finally hunting!

May is in a blind on a fencerow and overlokking several acorn trees.

Bubba is in a climber over a field edge and watching a fine acorn tree too.

He said wind has to be gusting 30 mph!

Will update as I can

BornToHuntAndFish

Seems like from most OTG hunters & in hunting videos that once May has his 1st up close & personal "in your face" encounter in the blinds, he'll be ruined & addicted for life hunting with any weapon with that experience, and will not be able to walk away even from his crossbow hunting. Good job JT getting things set up for them. Jim, Bubbabuck, & May sure are a blessing to us forum folks for electronically taking us along for the hunts & offering all ya'lls updates & reports on Midwest whitetail action & adventure. Good luck in getting covered up in deer movements. Looking forward to what's next . . . . . . .