Merino wool base layers

Gaswamp

duckworth makes some good merino wool stuff and all of it is made in USA

CaptKeith

I got the lightweight, then layered it when it got cold—worked well.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
When it’s 30 degrees like right now, I’m gonna freeze. I did get a pair of under armor cold gear pants for Christmas and put them skivvy tights on last night for the first time. Wow were they warm! They are poly and not wool though…..I’ll wear them and find out cause anything has got to be better than plain old sweat pants under my camo pants.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Just got off the Midway site and decided to get the mid weight 1/4zip hoodie and matching bottoms. 100% merino can’t be bad and the reviews are all stellar so I’m crying once. Can’t believe I just dropped $125 for underwear :ROFLMAO: I get the feeling I’ll be glad I did

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Just got off the Midway site and decided to get the mid weight 1/4zip hoodie and matching bottoms. 100% merino can’t be bad and the reviews are all stellar so I’m crying once. Can’t believe I just dropped $125 for underwear :ROFLMAO: I get the feeling I’ll be glad I did

Dont forget that you will need an insulation layer of fleece or puffy on top of the merino as it gets colder

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Dont forget that you will need an insulation layer of fleece or puffy on top of the merino as it gets colder
Can I just wear sweatpants? That’s typically what I’ll do and did that yesterday. I think I’ll leave the sweatpants off next time. I will say that I climbed 3 trees yesterday and did a lot of scouting/walking. Besides finding NO POOP, my upper legs were really sore almost like they were overheated. They were surely warm, but man I couldn’t wait to get them under armour cold gear skivvys off fast enough. Maybe the compression I’m not used to, but boy I felt it.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Can I just wear sweatpants? That’s typically what I’ll do and did that yesterday. I think I’ll leave the sweatpants off next time. I will say that I climbed 3 trees yesterday and did a lot of scouting/walking. Besides finding NO POOP, my upper legs were really sore almost like they were overheated. They were surely warm, but man I couldn’t wait to get them under armour cold gear skivvys off fast enough. Maybe the compression I’m not used to, but boy I felt it.

You can get away with sweat pants, but if they are cotton they will be fighting against the merino and maybe even defeating the purpose.

Yeah if you are doing a lot of walking you can definitely shed the layers

Professor

Whatever you buy make sure it is at least 60% merino. It should have some nylon and/or spandex in it for elasticity and fit, but a lot of the stuff advertised as merino is mostly synthetic. I have Black Ovis merino base and am very satisfied. It is on Camofire very regularly and at a good discount. I have a midweight quarter zip top and heavy bottoms.