Mountain lion pic (new pic)

Wifeshusband

I think what we're looking for, sir, to satisfy the endless debate and skeptical ridicule of the DNR is a picture of one here in Georgia. Once again, our hopes have been dashed by a teaser. May a bot fly show you no mercy on the opening day of next deer season.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I think what we're looking for, sir, to satisfy the endless debate and skeptical ridicule of the DNR is a picture of one here in Georgia. Once again, our hopes have been dashed by a teaser. May a bot fly show you no mercy on the opening day of next deer season.

Here`s one. :)

Panther.jpg

westcobbdog

There is an old thread with a pic of one killed over by LaGrange I think it was.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Yes Troup county.
Guy had clear no denying it trailcam pics of a mountain lion walking by his stand. Wouldnt you know it. He sitting in his stand and it comes walking by.

DNA testing showed it was a cat from south florida. Up until that point, the general consensus was you could shoot one if you saw it. Because we had no season and not listed as a game animal.

I dont think anyone really expected a predator to wander that far. Since then. Satellite collar tracking studys have shown that sometimes predators just roam far and wide.

Madsnooker

This is a Pic of a panther in south Fl a friend of mine got on their lease. These pics are common in south Fl where they roam. They are not that elusive at night when it comes to trail cameras. If there is a panther roaming around in Ga he will, without a doubt, get caught on a trail camera with a pic just as clear as this one. It still amazes me at the number of people that hold onto the thought that they are in ga but just cant get a good pic of one because they are like ghost's. :rofl::rofl::rofl:They travel far and wide in search of food and rest assured, there would be pics as clear as this one. I know, someone's grandpappy saw one down by the creek 2 weeks ago and their grandpappy is the greatest woodsmen of all-time, and if he said he saw one, then there is no doubt, there is a panther near that ole creek!!!!:wink:
panther pic.jpg

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
But big foot shows them black panthers were all the trail cameras are at.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
The picture I posted was taken in Harris County about 10 days before it was killed by the hunter in Troup County. It had traveled about 20-25 miles from where the trail cam pic got him to where he was shot.

ghadarits

1609352910849.png
I think this is one from Texas. What I would really like to see is some new Jaguar visits in the south west. Those are some cool cats too.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Makes perfectly good sense to me. But what do i know!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
His lease is North East Florida. I wont say where exactly because I don't want people gunning for it. DNR said its an older male whose northern range includes the Okefenokee. It is one of several which are seen every year when the dog hunters kick off.

DNR said that theoretically a panther population could be supported in the region because there is low density of people, relative protection in the national and state refuges, and high quality habitat along the rivers to provide travel corridors. However, there is no resident population because there are no females. The females have smaller territories than the males. They are slowly working their way up north but haven't made it up there yet.

Maybe a few females will take a tour to the north side of the Calloosahatchie. I personally know of one, with her kitten that did.

spencer12

Maybe a few females will take a tour to the north side of the Calloosahatchie. I personally know of one, with her kitten that did.
I believe I read that in April of last year one was documented north of the river with 2 Cubs. It was confirmed by trail camera pic. From what I remember it’s been over 40 years since a female (with Cubs) was seen north of the calloosahatchie. I could be wrong though.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I believe I read that in April of last year one was documented north of the river with 2 Cubs. It was confirmed by trail camera pic. From what I remember it’s been over 40 years since a female (with Cubs) was seen north of the calloosahatchie. I could be wrong though.

The one I know about was out from Dunnellon, and she had one cub with her. They were seen several times. This was about 20 years ago.